Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Carols of Christmas Tranquil Case

Happy Wednesday!

I don't have TOO long to chat today ... I have to start packing for my weekend adventure!  I'm off to Eastern Canada ... Ontario ... Chaffey's Lock on the Rideau Canal, to be exact, for a family reunion of sorts.  My Dad's family hails from Chaffey's and a number of his cousins still live in the area.  I am SOOO excited to be going!  Over the last 6 months Chaffey's has been calling to me and I have SO wanted to go there.  Alas, September is ridiculously busy for any mom and so when I heard about the dinner that was being planned I completely dismissed it.  That all changed when Mom told me she and Dad were thinking about going.  WELL!  Pack my bags and call me a cab.  I'm IN!  I think I surprised them BOTH by my level of excitement and interest in going.  Seriously!  What a blessing and wonderful gift to be able to travel with them both to my Dad's old stomping ground!  The place my Grandfather used to live and work as a fishing guide.  The place where my great-grandparents lived and died.  The place where my great-grandfather and great-uncles helped build many of the building that are still standing ... and we will be staying on the property where 3 or 4 of these cabins are!!  (I thought we were staying in one that my ancestors actually built ... alas it is the one cabin they DIDN'T build!).  All good.  Turns out the owner has said if those cabins aren't rented out we are welcome to have a look around.  Wa-HOO!  How thrilling!!!  

I can't WAIT to re-visit Grampy's boat house ... and smell that smell of gasoline and fish mixed together.

I can't WAIT to get an ice cream at the general store down the road.

I can't WAIT to visit the graves of my great-grandparents and grandparents.

I can't WAIT to meet my Dad's cousins whom I've been getting to now via Facebook.

Excited???  Just a BIT!  

This will most likely be Dad's last trip to Chaffey's.  To be able to see the sights, meet the people, hear the stories from Dad ... what a gift.  Truly.  There was no chance I WOULDN'T go ... 
OK!  Maybe I DID have time to chat *lol*.  
Let's get on with today's share, shall we?  I just LOVE this card.  I CASEd the idea from the fabulous Stampin' Up! Artisan Aurelie Forbes.  Check it out ...
This is Aurelie's card ...
You can see how similar they are!

I LOVED Aurelie's card but I wanted to make it a little more duplicatable for class purposes.  Aurelie's card has quite a few more steps involved.

For my card I used a Tranquil Tide card base and a 5 1.4" x 4" Whisper White layer.

I used one of the circle thinlits from the Layering Circle Dies to cut the circle in the whisper white layer.  I stamped the Tranquil Tide portion that you could see with stars from the Carols of Christmas Set ($26 CDN clear) with White Craft Ink ...
I then used the various framelits to cut the frame, trees and deer (stamped in Crumb Cake).  The framelits are $40 ... or you can buy the bundle at 10% off, for $59.25)
*** Can I just say this bundle is a MUST HAVE!!!  I don't say that about every set or bundle but this one I DO!  Seriously.  It is a top "keeper" and I will never part with it.  VERY versatile!!!!!

Right - back to the card ...

I stamped the Christmas Wishes from the Merry Mistletoe set ($25 CDN) in Tranquil Tide, tied some white bakers twine around it, added a few rhinestones to the Tranquil Tide tree and Wa-LOW!  A very pretty little card that is fairly duplicatable!

OK - I've taken WAY too long to do this post so I'll sign off and wish you a very stampy day as I head off on my travels.  I hope to schedule a few posts for while I am away so do pop in again soon.

xoxo


Tam

2 comments: