Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Eastern Palace Elegance

Happy Wednesday!

Anyone else having trouble remembering the name "Eastern Palace"??  I keep falling back on Eastern Elegance!  Wasn't that a stamp set?  Dunno ... just rolls off my brain easier than Eastern Palace.  Nonetheless ... I have two Eastern PALACE cards to share with you.  The first one was what I THOUGHT we'd be making in class last night ...
Pretty but ... "meh" ... not my style.  Crazy busy ... and not one I would actually give to my mom ... so, at 12:30 pm I decided to try again. MUCH better ...
I was inspired by a card by SU Artisan Katy Harrison ...
SO pretty!  I tried to CASE it exactly but had to improvise on the centre a little - I didn't have enough of the centre stickers for 14 stampers ...

I was thrilled that you do get a LOT of the stickers in a pack.  By cutting each flower in half there are enough for 12 of this card ... and although you only get one sheet of the 12" x 12" gold paper in the DSP pack it, too, is enough for a class.  LOVE that!

I cut the DSP 1 1/2" x 4 1/2".
I cut the flourish out with the thinlits and then ran it through the Big Shot again for the inside flower.  That particular thinlit doesn't cut the entire piece, just the petals.  I bent them upwards a bit and sponged the edges with (retired) gold Encore ink.  I used my 1 1/4" circle punch for the sentiment from (retired) "Wonderful Mother" and popped it up on dimensionals.  A glimmer jewel and some sequins finished it off.

THAT'S a card I can (and will) give to my Mom.

I'm off to start my day.  Whatever you get up to I hope it's stampy :)


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment