Monday, February 20, 2017

Punk Chick

Happy Monday!

It's "Family Day" here in Alberta so that means a long weekend - woo hoo!  Kids and Craig are still sleeping so more blogging time for me!

Today I'm sharing a quick, fun card made using the FREE Sale-a-brations set Hey Chick.  I CASEd the idea from Tamye Dunbar (my might leader) to come up with tis little cutie ...
Hee hee - that chicken!

I thought this card was faster to come together than it was in actuality.  I used it for one of the Stamp-a-Stack cards last weekend.  It was EASY but what slowed the group down was using the Gorgeous Grunge stamp in both Crushed Curry AND Smoky Slate.  Cleaning the stamp between splotches held things up again.  Wen I do it again (and I will) it will be using just the Crushed Curry ink.

SO - very quickly (so I can make the most of my quiet time!) …


  • Whisper White base 8 1/2" x 4 1/4"
  • Rich Razzleberry layer 3 1/2" x 4 3/4"
  • Whisper White layer 3 1/4" x 4 1/2" (I'm really digging' the smaller layers these days!)
  • To start you stamp the sentiment and the chickens in Staz-on ink (just to ensure the black doesn't bleed when we colour it)
  • Next you stamp the chickens again on a post it note and cut them out with your paper snips.
  • Place the cut-out on top of the stamped chicken on your layer to "mask" them i.e. cover up the stamped image on the layer
  • Ink the Gorgeous Grunge splotch in Crushed Curry ink and stamp the layer twice
  • Clean your stamp - ink it with Smoky Slate ink and stamp it again
  • Remove the post-it-note masks to reveal the chickens that do NOT have splotches all over their bodies.  Now, having said that, I was tired last week when mass producing these cards and I forgot to mask the chicks.  Oops .. now my chickens appear to have the chicken pox.  Hee hee - appropriate but not the look I was going for.  Craig DID point out I could use them as get-well cards saying something like "sorry you're under the weather.  Could be worse - you could have the chicken pox".  *lol*  He's so helpful ….
  • Next "ground" the chickens with a light shading from your Basic Grey water-colour pencil.  Then use a few strokes of the Rich Razzleberry water-colour pencil to put a few lines of colour on the chicken's hair.
  • Grab your blender pen and lightly pull the colour from the coloured lines you drew to shade the rest of the hair.
  • Use the Orange water-colour pencil to colour the beak and feet.
  • Use your blender pen to blur the ground you shaded 
  • Attach a few sequins with glue dots
  • Attach the white and Razzleberry layers and pop up on dimensionals
Done!

FAIRLY quick and easy … and lots of fun.  It's hard to use this set without smiling!  Remember it's FREE with a $60 purchase!  Go to my 24/7 store to place your order!

That's it for now.  Have a stampy Monday!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment