Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Mediterranean Scooter

*** THIS JUST IN *** - THREE NEW SALE-A-BRATIONS ITEMS HAVE JUST BEEN RELEASED!  Check them out by clicking on the ridiculously large brochure cover I added over on the right *lol*.  Wow.  Wayyyyy to early to be doing technical things!!!

Happy Tuesday!

No time to chat today - with Craig being off Friday and yesterday being a holiday I'm so far behind I think I'm first!  Luckily dinner is already sorted (can you say leftovers?) which frees my mind (and time) to do all those things on my to-do list!

First up - share this FAB little card I made a few weeks ago.  Yes, it's another 3-hour card.  It was a long process but I FINALLY loved how it turned out.
Yet again it uses the Mediterranean Moments stamps set.  I must say I have REALLY enjoyed playing with this set!   Oh sure, 2 of the 3 cards I made using it to fo-EVAH to create but I did enjoy the process!  This set is NOT my usual style so I really struggled with how to use it in a way that WAS my style.  It pushed me outside my comfort zone.  It pushed me creatively.  It took time and drove me a little crazy … but I enjoyed it!  Quick and easy projects are great but they do have their time and place. When you want to stretch yourself try something you aren't originally drawn to and go with it. It's relaxing (well … at least the first few hours are *lol*) and you just might surprise yourself with what you come up with!

Once again my ruler and card are in the basement … and I have a cat on my lap so, as anyone with a cat knows, I can't move until His Highness decides he needs to stretch his legs … so I'm going to have to go from memory on the measurements ..

As I said, I used Mediterranean Moments for the main card and then the sentiment is from the FREE Sale-a-brations set Designer Tee.  It just seemed to go so perfectly with this image!





  • Whisper White, Basic Black, Daffodil Delight and Pear Pizzazz inks, markers and/or papers - oh, and Basic Gray and Smoky Slate markers (for the tires and headlight)
  • Mediterranean Moments and Designer Tee sets
  • 1 1/4" punch and Flourish Thinlit Dies 
  • Brick embossing folder and Enamel Dot
Sizing …. maybe ….
  • Base - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
  • White (brick) layer - 4 3/4" x 3 1/2"
  • Black layer - 4 3/4' plus 2 ticks x 3 1/2" plus 2 ticks :)
  • White stamped layer … hmmmm 2" x 3 1/2" rings a bell …
  • Daffodil layer - same size as white - 2" x 3 1/2"?
  • Black layer behind yellow - 2" plus 2 ticks x 3 1/2" plus 2 ticks
Something like that anyway :)  Don't you just love my precision?  Not my fault.  Blame the cat.

The rest is just stamping, colouring and assembling.   Like it?  I love it.  Not one to mass produce simply because of the cutting paper aspect but the card itself assembles quickly.  We made this one at class last month.

Well … so much for a "quick" post.  I'm off!  I a have 3 new team members who I want to send cards to and I have a LOT I want to pack into my Breakfast Stamping gig on Saturday!  If YOU want to join the fun, either physically or virtually, you need to buy the Starter Kit by Friday!  I'd love to have you on "Team Trail Blazers"!  Go to my website here to get your kit or message me for more details.

Have a stampy day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment