Saturday, February 18, 2017

Mediterranean Moments meets Beautiful You

Happy Saturday!

My usual Saturday morning - I'm up while My People are all snoozing away.  I'm drinking coffee, they're dreaming.  I'm petting my Doodle Dog, they're chasing some much needed sleep.  Just the way I like it :)

Scrolling though my stash of projects I still have to share and realize I still have a few to go … and wishing I'd made a few more notes on dimensions, who I cased and what colours I used.  Oh sure, I COULD go a lllllll the way downstairs to get the card and a ruler but that's FAR too difficult at this point in the day *lol*.  I'll do my best to get it right!

Here is a card I absolutely LOVE ...
I CASEd the concept from fellow demonstrator Linda Geater atwww.paperscissorsink.com.
I absolutely ADORED the idea of pairing the Mediterranean Moments set with the Beautiful You set.  Inspired!

Mediterranean Moments - $34 wood; $25 clear
Beautiful You - $48.00 wood -  $34.50 clear
So … for my card …

  • Whisper White Base 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
  • Basic Black layer 4 3/4" x 3 1/2"
  • Whisper White top layer 4 1/2" x 3 1/4"
  • Ink the lady in Staz-on black ink and stamp her
  • Stamp her again on a scrap piece of paper or post it note and cut her out "old school" (i.e. with your paper snips!)
  • Place the out on top of the image on your layer
  • Ink the scenery stamp with Smoky Slate ink (or Basic Gray - I like it lighter so she really pops)
  • Stamp the scenery overtop of the lady
  • Color the lady with the marker colour of your choice.  I love the red … but I also love her in Bermuda Bay and Yo Yo Yellow.  Remember that colour??  A FAB bright yellow and looks great on this card!
  • I coloured the umbrella, her belt and shoes in Wink of Stella clear 
  • Stamp the sentiment on scrap whisper white, using Staz-on ink and punch out with your 2" circle punch. 
  • Pop sentiment up on dimensionals and add rhinestones for a little bling
Love love LOVE!  There are SO many possibilities - it's a quick and easy card!  Neither one of these sets was "my style" and I really was in no rush to buy them.  I knew the Beautiful You set would be one of those "glad I bought it" sets … and it sure is!  What thrills me the most is now that I've had some time to play with both sets … and TOGETHER … I love them both!  Pop in again soon to see what else I did with them.  Until then … have a stampy Saturday!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment