Friday, February 17, 2017

Dragonfly Dreams Simplicity

Happy Friday!

Today I'm sharing one of the quick and easy cards we made at the Stamp-a-Stack last Sunday.  I CASEd the idea from Mary Fish over at www.stampinpretty.com when she did a similar card using the butterfly thinlits.  Check it out ...
I just finished putting 10 of these together last night, with the leftovers from Sunday.  Seriously.  So quick!

Standard card base of 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Top Whisper White layer of 3 1/2" x 4 3/4"
Sweet Sugarplum Layer of 3 1/2" plus two ticks x 4 3/4" plus two ticks :)
Any DSP of your choice cut 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" - I used patterns from the Falling in Love pack

Step 1: Run the top Whisper White layer through the Big Shot using the Dragonfly Dreams thinlits.  I used the magnetic plate plus the precision plate for this cut but be warned - you aren't SUPPOSE to use the magnetic plate with the precision plate.  Why? The pressure is a little too much for the clear cutting plate and it warps it quite badly.  Why do I use it?  This one particular die just needs the extra pressure to cult all the way through.  With other plate combinations I need to keep adding card stock shims underneath and … well … it's just a pain … so I sacrifice a clear plate and if it warps it warps.  It's ok … I can buy another one *lol*
Step 2:  Stamp your sentiment using Rich Razzleberry ink - I used the Happy Birthday sentiment from the Rose Wonder set
Step 3:  Tape the DSP square to the back of the white base - TIP - apply the tape to the back of the white layer, not to the DSP … I can pretty much guarantee if you put the tape on the DSP you'll end up with tape showing through the hole you just cut!
Step 4:  Use your bone folder to curl the dragonfly wings up.  You have the wing between your thumb and the bone folder … like the old days when we used to curl ribbon with our scissors …
Step 5:  Use a small piece of foam strip on the dragonfly torso and attach it to the DSP
Step 6:  Attach the white layer to the Sweet Sugarplum layer with dimensionals
Step 7:  Attach the Sweet Sugarplum layer to the white base using snail adhesive.
Step 8:  Attach some rhinestones to finish it off

Done!  LOVE how quick it comes together.  This is a great card for most occasions making it a great one for a Stamp-a-Stack!

OK … guess I should run.  I'm in the middle of  figuring out a new videoconferencing system (called Zoom) so my long distance downline members can join me virtually for my Breakfast Stamping Spectacular Feb 25th.  Wanna join us?  Canadian crafters who buy the Starter Kit through my by Feb 24th and you can!  Message for more info.

Enjoy your Friday - I hope it's a stampy one!


Tam


2 comments:

  1. Sweet and beautiful card. I love this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lynn :) SO quick and easy ... yet lovely. There are so many variations you can do with color and different framelits/thinlits too. Hours of creativity!

      Delete