Sunday, January 1, 2017

Kids' Christmas Cards and Gifts

Happy New Year!!

I hope you all had a fun night!  We did!  Had an "appie"dinner with the kids (they just LOVE having a picnic in the living room with lots of snacky nibbles instead of "real" food *lol*.  Played a few games and watched a movie.  As I suspected the girls just HAD to stay up until 12:00 … and, as I suspected, I was in bed at 12:01 and asleep by 12:02.  When did I get old? *lol*

Today I'm sharing the most awesome cards my girls made.  Every year they insist on making their own Christmas cards for all the family … and they all have to be different from each other … and they all have to be THEIR ideas.  They knocked it out of the park this year!

Here are Alicia's cards.  She's 11 years old ...
Here are Becca's cards.  She's 13 years old ...
Awesome, no???  I just LOVE when the girls tap into their creativity!

I also wanted to share my "Wish List" booklets.
 If you have followed my blog for over a year you will know that I make a booklet every year.  The kids write down what they want for Christmas (and we leave it on the table for Santa to review … yes, we still put up the pre tense even though we all "know" … but don't want to "know") … and then, Christmas Day I write down all the gifts they GOT and from whom.  I did a picture tutorial here, if you want to know how to make one.  It's my favourite tradition and will be my favourite keep sake years from now.

Wanna see what my girls gave ME this year?  I seriously cried.  I'm such a sap *lol*

I haven't seen Becca's face for about 1.5 months as she hid in her room making me this ...
I'm SO impressed!  She spent HOURS every night working on it.  She's never cross stitched before.  SO touched!

This is what Alicia made me ...
LOVE IT!  She made the picture at school.  When I raved about it (when she brought it home) she decided to frame it for me for my present.  LOVE!!!

So that's my share for today.  We're off to Mom and Dad's for roast beef dinner tonight to celebrate the new year.  Whatever YOU get up today I wish you all the very best in 2017 … and a super stampy day :)


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment