Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Copper Peace on Earth

Happy Tuesday!

PHEW!  What a week!  Been busy busy BUSY all day every day!  Everything from stamp classes to nursing a chest bug of some sort to appointments for the kids to deliveries … you name it!!  I made a card on Thursday for class Friday morning (cause that's how I ROLL these days *lol*) and totally LOVE how it turned out.  I started off in a panic because it was 7:00 pm and I wanted to design 2 cards … but also wanted to go to bed.  That is the WORST frame of mind to be in when trying to create so I gave my head a shake, took a few deep breaths and calmed down!  I then figured I'd start with a "product" rather than a "layout" and go from there.  I looked at the delicious Fancy Frost Specialty DSP … nope … wasn't feeling it … but I WAS feeling texture.  I rummaged through my drawer of embossing folder and WHAM!  Spotted a new one I bought but hadn't used yet … "Holly".  Well … about 10 minutes later I was done.  I just went with the flow and it all came together (and is my new favourite card *lol*).  Check it out …
I ran a Whisper White layer 5" x 3 3/4" through the Holly EF.  LOVE!



 I wanted a clean, simple sentiment or image.  Scrolled through my sets and fell upon Be Jolly, By Golly (seriously??)
I embossed the Peace on Earth sentiment in the yummy copper embossing folder  I really like how the copper melts.  No, they don't all melt the same - the black (retired :( ) and silver have been my favourite … and now copper jobs the list.  It gives a very even melt, not "spotty" like I find the winter white melts … but I digress …





Punched the sentiment out with the (retired) 2 1/2" circle punch (quicker than using my framelits).  Just needed a few embellishments.  I found the new burlap ribbon pairs nicely with the copper … so on that went (with tear 'n tape).  Then added a bit of copper thread (I use a bit of tape on the back of the piece, stick one one of the thread to the tape and then make circles with the thread.  I use another piece of tear 'n tape to "sandwich" the thread so it stays put!)  I Popped the sentiment up on dimensionals.




Needed one last pop.  Found my Copper Foil Sheets ….


… (currently we can't order them - they were so popular they sold out … SU will let us know when they can be ordered again.  I grabbed my Holly Berry Punch …
… punched out the holly and berries and attached them with glue dots.

Wa-low!  Quick, clean, cute.  LOVE!
This card was a hit at class and we'll be making it again this Friday … and maybe at my next Stamp-a-Stack.  It's a keeper!

Gotta run - dinner is ready!  Thanks for popping in - have a stampy evening!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment