Tuesday, September 13, 2016

NOEL

Happy Tuesday!

Koda goes to the groomers this morning so let's get right to it, shall we?

I needed a few more cards for my Open House display board last week.  I had yet to play with my Peaceful Pines stamp set so out it came … and this is what I made ...
I love how quick and clean this card is.  I got my inspiration from fellow demonstrator Kim Jolley over at www.stampinartfully.com .  Here is Kim's card …
I LOVE her card … alas, try as I might I just CAN'T seem to allow myself to make a no-layer card!  I tried to use her layout on a smaller Whisper White layer but it just didn't work very well.  It needed to be 5 1/2" wide to be visually appealing to me.  So I compromised and trimmed the top and the bottom so I GOT my layer … it's just 5 1/2" wide by 3" high :)

I ran the card base through the Softly Falling embossing folder …
(which I managed to crack when running it through the Big Shot by not ensuring it was aligned properly - ack!) … and popped the layer up on dimensionals.
The trees (from Peaceful Pines ) …
… were stamped in Sweet Sugarplum, Smoky Slate and Soft Sky (all Ss *lol*)

I punched "NOEL" out using the Wonderful Wreath Thinlits ..
… in both Basic Grey and Whisper White.  I glued them together with my Fine Tip Glue Pen ...
… and then to the card itself.  For the finishing touch I added sequins from the Fancy Frost Sequins …
… and that was it!  Quick and soft.  I love the final product … and yes, will be using it at my Christmas Stamp-a-Stack next month :)

That's it for today - off I go to traumatize Koda …
LOVE that face!

Have a stampy Tuesday :)


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment