Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Ho Ho Ho! Greetings From Santa

Happy Wednesday!

Well today is off to a better start than yesterday.  Although Alicia seems to have a cold (yes, after only 2.5 days at school *sigh) Rebecca hasn't called to say she's throwing up so ya - better start than yesterday!

I just got back from Costco doing me "pre Open House shop".  Figured I needed a 10 minute break before starting the hell that is putting it all away!  Ugh.

I  couldn't WAIT to post this card!  I LOVE it!  Check it out!

You really need to see this one "in person" so love it as much as I do.  The copper embossing … yummy!!!!  It just MAKES the card!

I was darned determined to use the "ho ho ho" sentiment from the "Greetings From Santa" set.
That and the scroll images were why I "had to have it!"  It' didn't take long for me to just ink it and stamp it.  Loved it so much I had to stamp it again … and then it came to me … remember this card?
I loved how I did the words over and over down the right hand side and then stamped over it.  I've been wanting to duplicate that and, well, that's sort of what I did …
LOVE!  Let me show you how I positioned the stamping …

First I stamped it on the top … then on the bottom ...

… then in the middle.  I just eye-balled it, trying to line up the third "Ho" - pretty much nailed it!
I then Stamped the 4th one so that the middle "Ho!" was in the space between the 3d and 4th from the bottom "ho!" .. does that make sense?  Check out the picture below … hard to put into words, right?  I hope you get the gist of it
… I then stamped a 5th time in the upper area to fill in the gaps .. and then a 6th and 7th time at the very tippy top and very bottom...
Oh!  Forgot to mention - they are all stamped in Smoky Slate ink.

While I thought that looked pretty fab I decided to take it a step further.  Embossing is my new re-found-favorite lately so I got out the new copper embossing powder, my trusty stamp-a-ma-jig and I stamped over two of the sentiments with Versamark.  PERFECT placement.  You canNOT do that without a stamp-a-ma-jig.  Seriously!
Wanna see a very well-loved versa mark pad? ...
Blech!  DisGUSTING!  lol … but I digress …

I knew I just HAD to use a layer of the new copper sheets … doesn't this look great?? ...
Now - any frugal stamper will gasp just a little at using mat of copper paper.  That stuff is kinda pricey … so time to save some money!  Since only 1/4" of the copper mat actually SHOWS there is NO point having it there … so lets cut a frame out!  I simply used my Stampin' Trimmer to cut a 1/2" frame ...

Ta-da!  I now have a big chunk of the copper sheet to use on another project.  Waste not, want not, right??
So here is what I had …
Loved it but felt it needed a little "more".  I embossed the scroll, cut it out with my paper snips, wrapped some copper thread around the top layer and popped the scroll up on dimensionals.  NOW it was done!

Oh .. for got to mention the Smoky Slate mat.

So - Whisper white base 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Copper foil frame - 5 1/4" x 4"
Smoky Slate mat - 5" x 3 3/4"
White layer - 4 3/4" x 3 1/2"

Love!

Right.  My yoghurt will go bad if I don't get it in the fridge so I'm off.  Pop in again soon … and have a stampy day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment