Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Swirly Christmas

Happy Wednesday!

Now unless you've been trapped under a pile of fallen stamp sets you will know that today is the day the NEW 2016 CATALOGUE goes live!!!  *insert squeal of excitement here!!*

Whilst I'm sad to see some grey products retired forever (*insert frowny face here*) I'm SUPER excited to get my hands on all the NEW toys!! (*insert another squeal of excitement here*)!!!  I need to type fast because as soon as I'm don't this post I'm placing my order!!

If you don't have your physical catty yet click on the catalogue over to the right to access the on-line version :)

Just two quick things to point out …

#1. - the Starter Kit (aka "Try It Kit" aka "Fabulous Kit of Awesomeness") is even BETTER than usual!  You get $165 worth of product for the flat charge of $135 AND you get to pick out two extra stamp sets of ANY value for FREE!!!!!!!  Ska-WHEEEEEEEEELLL!!  That mean you can scoop $301 worth of products for just $135 - FLAT!  *insert heavy breathing here*

#2 - during the month of June any parties with orders reaching $400 or more gets and EXTRA $40 in free stuff (i.e. $88 for free)!  FREE!!  FREE IS MY FAVORITE!!  *insert more heavy breathing here*

Right.  Ok …. lamaze breathing …. whooooooo …  whooooooo …. whoooooo …

Let's move on to a card while I try to bring my heart beat back down, shall we???  *lol*

So!  What screams "Happy June 1st!"?  A card with butterflies?  Flowers?  Rainbows?  Ya no.  The answer of COURSE is a Christmas card!!  Check.  It.  Out!
Yay!  Love it!

Now I'm not gunna lie - I have now made, what, 4?  5?  … cards using the Swirly Bird and/or Swirly Scribbles bundle … and I've loved every card so far … but I'm ready to move on now.  I need.  New.  Toys.  *lol*

Last night I was scrolling through the Demo Only website, checking out the top card samples from across the SU world (this website is an AWESOME resource to us demos and if/when you buy that Starter Kit above you get access to it - just sayin') and spotted a card made by Christine Slogar.  Lookie …
Isn't it fun???  I saw the wreath and quite literally, within minutes I was down in my Craft Cave making myself a Christmas card.  Super Love!

I used the new Emerald Envy green card stock for the wreath, using the Swirly Scribbles Thinlit.  The actual piece that is cut out is much "fuller" than here (same piece as my tree top in my earlier project).  I simply snipped off some of the middle to make it less "full" and more wreath-like.

So - full deets …
Standard Card base of 8 1/2" x 4 1/4"
Real Red Layer of 5" x 3 3/4"
Whisper White layer of 4 3/3" x 3 1/2"
Wreath cut with Swirly Scribbles thinlit in Emerald Envy, attached with fine tip glue pen
Berries punched with Owl Punch in Real Red, attached with glue dots
Sentiment from "Holly Jolly Greetings", stamped in Basic Black
"Jolly" stamped in Emerald Envy first, THEN stamped with the banner from Thoughtful Banners and then punched out with the banner duo punch and popped up on dimensionals
I colord the berries and tips of the banner with my Wink of Stella clear pen.  LOVE that stuff!!

Love.

Right!  Now let's do a little shopping, shall we????  That will ensure a REALLY stampy day :)


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment