Sunday, May 22, 2016

Swirly Tree

Happy Sunday!

Another PERFECT Sunday!  It's chucking down rain, cold, nasty and I LOVE it!!!

Heading down to the Craft Cave shortly but thought I'd take a minute to share what I made yesterday.  As I only bought two new stamp sets on the pre-order I have had a LOT of time to play with the Swirly Bird set and Swirly Scribbles Thinlits.  Kinda love this duo!  Check out THIS easy peasy card …
Super LOVE!  So crisp and clean!  So quick and easy!

I busted into my new In Color pack of Emerald Envy green card stock.  I was pretty convinced I wouldn't use this paper until Christmas - green isn't my "go-to-color" normally.  I originally found it fairly "burn-your-retina" intense green … BUT … I'm kinda hooked on it now that I've had a chance to play with it and on this card it's pretty stinkin' perfect, wouldn't you say???

 I used the Swirly Scribbles thinlit for the tree top and the Tree Builder Punch in Chocolate Chip for the trunk (you want to cut a 1.5" strip of paper to put in the punch so you don't waste card stock - anything wider and you get all the other pieces punched out too … and you probably don't need a brown tree top, apple, bird or leaf *lol*).  The wee Real Red heart is from the Owl Builder Punch.

I used my fine tip glue pen to attach the tree top and trunk .. and a glue dot for the heart.

The sentiments are from my fairly-new Endless Thanks set (REALLY not sure why I waited so long to order this set - love it!) - stamped in the Emerald Envy ink ...
That's it!  The top layer is a 3 1/2" x 5" piece of Whisper White on a Whisper White base.  

A four minute card that is key-UTE!

I made another quick and easy card (well, it took me about 1.5 hours to come UP with but it is another four minute card to put together *lol*)  Pop in again soon to see that one (yes - it uses the same Swirly Scribble thinlits but is a completely different look … quite the versatile product!)

Hope you get some crafting in today … have a stampy afternoon!


Tam


2 comments:

  1. This is straight up adorable! I love your creativity ... what a MIX of dies and punches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww - thank you so much Paper Potter (lol). You simply made my day :)

      Delete