Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Right At Home for on the move ...

Happy Wednesday!

This week has me confused.  The long weekend threw me and I keep thinking it's Tuesday … and now tomorrow I'm heeding off to Grade 5 camp with Alicia's class/school for 2 days so really, I only had a 2 days week!  So much for all that relaxing I got in over the weekend - it's been "all systems go" the last 2 days!  I can't complain, though.  It's been a "fun" action packed 2 days.  Today I spent 3 hours hand delivering the all new 2016 catalogue to my favourite peeps, had coffee with my dear friend Helen (love you xoxo) and generally had a busy, but happy day.  Just finished packing for camp and am now counting down the minutes until bed time!

Oh!  This morning I discovered that there is a GRET promotion happening in June!!!  Anyone who purchases the Starter Kit (or "Try It Kit", as I like to call it) gets to pick out TWO stamp sets OF ANY VALUE … and that's on TOP of the $155 of product they get to chose for the FLAT price of $135.  You know what that means??  If you picked two $68 stamp sets for free you would be getting $291 worth of product for the FLAT price of $135.  What????????  That's just crazy!  Crazy AWESOME!!! Can't beat that deal with a stick, as Dad would say!  Bring on June!  I can't wait to hook my friends up with Kit.  I get no perks for them buying it (i.e. no commission) but I encourage everyone to buy it because it is the biggest bang for their buck.  Been thinking about buying the kit?  Don't think about it - just DO it!!!

OK - I didn't pop in to ramble on about that (I'll do that June 1st *lol*).  I came to share another project I made last weekend.  One of my best friends just bought a new house … and sold her current house.  It is SUCH an exciting thing for her and her family.  They are moving up from a "starter home" to a much larger home that is just PERFECT for them.  I am SOOOOOOO stinkin' excited for them that you would think it was ME who was embarking on the great adventure!!  Well I couldn't let the event pass without making her a special card.  So that's what I did…
Super Key-ute, right??

I used a stamp set that retired donkeys-years ago, called "Right at Home".  I tried very hard to use the retiring Happy Notes set but just couldn't get it right … so I grabbed this old set.  I think I've only ever used in twice before but just love this image so have been holding on to it.  I'm glad I did :)

I stamped the image in Staz-on black ink and colored it with my Bermuda Bay marker and my Gold Wink of Stella en.  I punched the image out with the 2 1/2" circle punch (SO sad that punch is retiring!!!!)  I cut a strip of 1 1/2" x 5 1/4" It's My Party DSP and a strip of 1/2" black that I just free-hand cut shorter than the Bermuda Bay DSP banner.  I coloured the retiring Expressions Natural Elements ($6.25) embellishments (low in stock so if you want any you better order then NOW!) with a finger dauber and black ink.  I then used my Tombow/Multipurpose glue to attache it.  Oh - the image is popped up on dimensionals.  I added some gold sequins for a finishing pop of gold.

I love how it turned out … so I made 5 more for my stash :)

That's it for the cards I made this last weekend.  Hopefully I get to play again this weekend … assuming I survive camp with 60 ten-year-olds, that is.

Wish me luck … and have a stampy night!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment