Monday, May 2, 2016

Butterfly Swipe

Happy Monday!

Well yesterday was a very relaxing day .. and I got to spend some time in my Craft Cave.  The best part about that was I didn't feel there was any agenda - nothing I HAD to do … just things I WANTED to do.  Puts a whole different spin on the projects I create.  It was so relaxing!  Pop in again to see what I came up with - today I want to share the last of my "old" cards.  We made this one at class last month and I love it.  Thanks to Mary Wessling over at maryscraftroom.blogspot.com.au for the basic technique and idea.  I just tweaked her slightly by embellishing the corners and changing the sentiment. Here is my version ...
So quick, clean and simple.

Start by punching the corners with the (now sold out and retired) trio corner punch.  Then punch out a butterfly with your framelit.  SLIGHTLY tack it down on your card layer to hold it in place and then stamp the splotch (from Work of Art set) in different colours.  We used So Saffron, Watermelon Wonder and Mint Macaron.  The sentiment is from Timeless Love set ..


The top layer (5" x 3 3/4") is popped up on dimensionals for added interest.  Now that I look at it I can't believe I didn't add my standard 3 rhinestones or 3 sequins!  Next time!

That's it for my "old" stuff.  Pop in again soon to see some newer things.  Until then - have a stampy day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment