Sunday, April 3, 2016

Tap, Tap, Tap Vintage Collage

Happy Sunday!

As usual I'm *up* bright and early … well … I say *up* but I'm actually in my standard semi-horizontal-couch lounging position so, more accurately, I'm *not sleeping*.  I just can't catch a break on the sleeping-front these days.  With Spring Break last week I DID have the luxury of sleeping in until 8:00 am most days … alas that usually resulted from a night of being awake for a few hours so I actually wasn't sleeping in as much as I was early morning napping!

Whilst Spring Break was fairly painless as far as kids fighting and driving me crazy goes, I am more than ready for life to get back to it's usual rhythm.  Rebecca was sick the week before break so she has been home almost a full two weeks.  Again, at 13 she doesn't *need* me every minute and I can certainly go out and run errands but having my people home really disrupts my schedule.  On a "normal" day I'm up at 6:30, workout at 9:00, walk the dog at 10 … and on it goes.  The last two weeks I've bee all over the map - Tuesday I didn't get my workout in until 7:30 PM!  On the bright side I seem to be making progress on my "be more flexible and go-with-the-flow" mission but MAN I prefer routine!  Tomorrow.  Just gotta make it to tomorrow *lol*.

Last weekend I DID manage to hit the Craft Cave for a little *me* time.  I came up with three VERY quick, simple, birthday cards for a kids class I did over the break (stay tuned for posts on those) … and I FINALLY inked up a stamp set I got quite some time ago … Tap, Tap, Tap.  Check out what I made …

The more I look at it the more I like it!  It has been SOOOO long since I created just for fun … to just "play" - use whatever grabs my attention.  It's so relaxing!

The process I use doesn't always follow the same pattern.  For this card I KNEW I wanted to use this stamp set  (Tap, Tap, Tap) ...
… so that's where I started.  I also THOUGHT I would use a stamp set that I bought to coordinate with the Tap, Tap, Tap set called "Words of Truth" as it has a typewriter font (and the sentiments are great!) …
… but in the end I just stuck with the Tap, Tap, Tap set.  Next I chose my colour palate - Very Vanilla and Crumb Cake.  The rest just flowed from there.  I used Soft Suede and Crumb Cake inks and used my Gold Wink Of Stella for some gold accents.  I used stamps from the Timeless Textures Stamp set …
… for the background collage effect.  I used one of the stamps to add texture/dimension to the 2 1/2" circle I punched out.  I added some gold thread around the alphabet layer, used my paper snips to cut out the typewriter and popped everything up on dimensionals.

Yup - kinds love it!  I'm hoping to get down to the cave again today but won't hold my breath.  Yesterday it was 22 degrees out … I can't hang out in the basement with such lovely weather!  We'll see … I'll go-with-the-flow *lol*

Pop in again soon to see my simple birthday cards.  If you're local let me know if you want to come to my class this Tuesday night - we'll be making this card and two others.  In the meantime, have a stampy Sunday!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment