Sunday, April 10, 2016

Awesomely Artistic Dragonfly

Happy Sunday!

Not much to report today - planning on it being a pajama day - no plans - just go with the flow … MAYBE start chipping away at getting those 968 photos into my Project Life album … maybe not … we'll see!

Today I'm sharing a SUPER quick, ridiculously easy card that works in any colour and for most occasions.  I CASEd it from Lisa Young over at www.addinkandstamp.blogspot.ca
Again, lighting is terrible but the card is awesome … naturally … I used the stamp set "Awesomely Artistic".  This is one of those sets you don't really notice, buy on a whim and then wonder why you didn't notice it sooner.  It's a great one!  I combined it with Perpetual Calendar for the water-colour splotch (another set you KNOW I use all the time if you follow my posts - it is a MUST HAVE!) and the sentiment is from a retired set - can't think of the name at the moment but next time I pop down to the craft cave I'll get it and amend this post.

I used Island Indigo ink.  Top tip - ink the water-colour splotch the "stamp off"on scrap paper first - then stamp on your card stock twice, without reinking to get a softer, graduated background.  Stamp the dragonfly fully inked, as well as the splotches.  The sentiment is on a strip of Whisper White measuring 3" x 3/4" and popped up on dimensionals.  Three rhinestones and some clear Wink of Stella finish it off.  SO quick, SO easy and SO pretty!

Right - think Ill go grab some breakfast before walking Koda.  I hope you have a stampy day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment