Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Simply Sport - Simply Awesome!

Happy Tuesday!

Well … not so happy for my two sick girls … Alicia went to bed throwing up, Rebecca went to bed wheezing and coughing.  Tis the Season!  Everyone is run down, germy and sooooo ready for Spring Break next week.  They are feeling a bit better after sleeping in but it's pyjamas all the way around while I play nurse maid.  Aside from catching up on a bit of paper work and baking some cookies I now have a chance to post a project I whipped up on Sunday.  Freaking LOVE it!  Check it out.





What a great batch of cards to have on hand if your kids (or you … or your husband) are into any kind of sports!  What makes me giddy is you can make any of the images male OR female … there are two pony tail stamps in the set so the girls aren't excluded.  Love it!  I used the stamp set Simply Sports.  I admit I've been eyeing this set up for YEARS but just never got around to ordering it.  I figured I would only ever lend it out to people, as my girls aren't into sports.  Last month I took the plunge thinking of offering a Stamp-a-Stack fundraiser to some of my customers who need to raise funds for their sports teams.  I have customers whose kids are in all these sports - lacrosse, soccer, hockey, basketball and baseball  - some are girls and some are boys.  (The stamp set also has a football image - see below).

These cards are great for their birthday, congratulations or for coach Thank You cards.  Super quick and easy!  I used the Note Cards and Envelopes, Archival Black ink and Basic Black card stock.  Lots of circle punches - 2 1/2", 2", 1 1/2" and 1 3/4" … oh and the teeny little 1/2" punch for one of the baseballs.  I used stars from the Perpetual Calendar set, splotches from Gorgeous Grunge, "mesh" image from Timeless Textures, sentiments from Tin of Cards and Bravo (and a long retired Happy Birthday stamp).  See the bottom lacrosse "Team" card?  See the netting?  That is a strip of drywall mesh tape.  It's is sticky one side so it sticks easily to paper … and yes, is re-positionable.  Fun!

I can't recommend having a stash of these note cards and envelopes on hand enough - I have at LEAST 8 packs and will be ordering more - you know - just in case there is a world shortage of them.  I can't face he thought of not having them in my Craft Cave *lol*

Right.  Guess I should go check on the patients.  Hope you have a stampy day :)


Tam

2 comments:

  1. Love your Cards! What color ink did you use for the gorgeous grunge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I used basic grey - smoky slate would be nice too but I preferred it a little darker.

      Delete