Wednesday, February 3, 2016

What I Love CASE

Happy Wednesday!

A forced-to-stay-home day today as I sit here waiting for a delivery.  We ordered an Ikea wardrobe a few weeks ago and decided, rather than having to drive to my Dad's, borrow his van, drive to Ikea, pick the 42 pieces needed, self-scan them at the checkout, wheel them to the van, load the van, drive them home, unload them into the house, drive back to Dad's to return the van and then drive home (phew - long process!) … that we would pay the delivery fees to have it delivered.  Little did we know that rather than being shipped to our house from the other side of Edmonton (Ikea is far South and we live far North) the items would be shipped from the other side of the COUNTRY!  I believe it's coming from Montreal!  Geez!!!  THAT makes a lot of sense!???!!!

So here I sit, waiting for a delivery that will come sometime between 9:00 am and 9:00 pm.  Seriously? Feel like I'm in a Seinfeld episode!

Well …. not all bad … guess I'm crafting today (woo-hoo!)  Wonder what I'll come up with today!

Here is one I made a few days ago.  I'm seriously into CASEing cards from the Stampin' Up! catalogues and brochures.  This one is directly from the Sale-a-brations brochure … watch the video on how to make it from my post a few days ago.  SO quick and easy and SO pretty!  This one is Alicia's favourite from the last 5 or 6 cards I've made.  It uses the FREE SAB set "What I Love" - free with a minimum $60 purchase.
The video doesn't show every step involved but it's pretty self-explanatory.  Stamp the solid image with Lost Lagoon first.  Stamp the flower outline stamp, leaves and little flowers in Versamark then add white embossing powder and heat set.  Then just grab a finger dauber or sponge and add some depth of colour to your images.  Stamp the sentiment, add some sequins and wa-LOW!  Fabulous!  I used a mat of 5" x 3 3/4" of Lost Lagoon to pull the colours together.  3 minute card.  THAT'S "what I love" *lol*

Pop in again soon.  Have a stampy day :)


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment