Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Birthday Bash Balloon Addiction!

Happy Tuesday!

Yesterday was an awesome day (I was little Suzie Homemaker all day cooking, cleaning and organizing) and I expect today will be awesome too!  A friend is popping over with her 4 month old Little Man in the morning then another friend is coming in the afternoon to make cards with me.  Our kids have the day off (Faith Development Day for the teachers) so we'll all get together and "play" in our respective ways.  Fun!

Speaking of fun ….. Ho-Lee-COW am I having fun with this new Ballon Bouquet Punch.  MAN I can't step away from it!  Check out these three cards - same layout - different occasions - same punch - all awesome! 



LOVE LOVE LOVE!  You really CAN use this card and layout for 90% of your card-sending needs! Not EVERY card can work as a birthday AND a sympathy card … but this one can!

Oh!  I should start by saying I was inspired to make this card by one very similar I found on Pinterest but made using a non-Stampin' Up! punch and sentiment (gasp!).  It wasn't linked to any website - it was just on Flickr with the name Keribear73.  So shout out to Keribear for a great layout!

To make this single layered card I started with a base of Whisper White.  I then punched out 9 or 10 of the large balloons in white with our Balloon Bouquet punch.  The easiest, quickest and least messy way of attaching the balloons is with our good old snail adhesive.  The first one I tried Multipurpose glue.  Messy.

I punched out a coloured balloon and attached it with 2 dimensionals for, well, dimension lol.  I cut a piece of white bakers twine (note to self to order a truce load more of this stuff!), tied a bow atone end and attached it with either the fine tip glue pen or a glue dot.  Glue dot is quicker and less messy.

I stamped the sentiment in Archival Black.  The Happy Birthday sentiment is from the Party With Cake stamp set.  The I'm So Sorry and Little Miss Perfect are from Greatest Greetings set (quickly become my go-to set for sentiments!).  All three were punched out with the framelit that is in the Large Numbers framelits.  Love this banner!  In fact I had a hard time convincing myself I *needed* another number die set … but this particular banner tipped the scales in favour of the "just buy it!" argument.  There are THREE sets in the 2016 occasions catalogue that have sediments that specifically work with this banner.  They are highlighted in the catalogue with a blue hue around them.  Specifically, they are the "Number of Years" set, page 11 and bundled with these framelits), the "Bloomin' Love" set, page 17 (bundle that one with the Bloomin' Love framelit heart for 15% off!) and the "you're so lovely" set, page 32.  Of course it also works with a whole SWACK of other sets.  The Greatest Greatings set is case-in-point.  LOTS of options.  I wish it came in a punch for quicker cutting but …

Right!  So … I popped the sentiment up on 2 dimensionals and added three sequins.  I gotta say … took me about a year to buy ANY of the sequinned trims on offer.  Now I can't stop using them!  they are the cheapest embellishment going and they are flat so don't add extra postage and add that little finishing touch!  For the red and black balloon cards I used the silver sequins - for the baby card I used the Blushing Bride sequins.  We also have Bermuda Bay sequins for a baby boy card.  I tend to attach them with glue dots but you can also use the fine tip glue pen.

Top tip for placing three pearls, rhinestones of sequins … I like to place my first sequence down in a blank area … then I place the second one in somewhat of a straight line below it (large gap) and then go in with the third one closer to the first, offset to the left or right.  Make sense?  No?  Look at the pictures above again … two are sort-of one above the other and the third is to the left or right of the top one.  I find it really visually appealing … then again I'm fairly anal in my designs and can't just scatter them "wherever" *lol*

That's it for now.  I have lots more fun, quick, easy cards to share.  Momma's on a role lately!

Whatever you get up to I hope you have a stampy day!


Tam





2 comments:

  1. These cards are great. I am going to CASE your idea and make a card sampler for one of my friends for her birthday. Thanks for a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! Always thrilled when someone is inspired in some way … the Stampin' Up tag line IS "Inspire. Create. Share". Missions accomplished *lol*. I'm sure your friend will love it!
      Thanks for taking the time to comment! Have a stampy day :)

      Delete