Sunday, January 17, 2016

Botanicals for You … and Soup Recipe

Happy Sunday!

Hope it's a HECK of a lot warm where you are than where I am this weekend.  MAN it's nippy!  We've been SO spoiled in Edmonton this winter that, although -21 C is never exactly balmy it's feel s EXTRA cold when last weekend it was +2!!  We spent all day yesterday hibernating … except for my little 30 minute "saunter" with Koda.  I say saunter because it was really hard to "walk" at a decent pace wearing 22 pounds of ski pants, fleece sweater, snowmobile boots and 17 shirts! lol :)  Having said that I love a reason to stay home … helps me justify my "pants are optional" lifestyle!

Being as cold as it was it was another soup night.  Actually, it was supposed to be chilli … my White Chicken Chilli … but I tweaked the recipe a bit and it came out more soup-like than chilli-like.  Didn't matter to me - the kids ate it and said they LIKED it.  Always a "SCORE!" when I can get them to eat something healthy (then again I DID see them both scooping most of the White Kidney Beans back into the pot *sigh*).

Speaking of soup, I had a new friend ask for my Tortellini Soup recipe from my last post (Hi Karen, San Francisco Bay Area!)  I promised I'd share it on my next post so here is a ink to the recipe.  Yummy!

Today I'm sharing a card a 100% CASEd from the 2016 SAB Brochure.  LOVE the font!
 It is such an easy card … and I love the strong black accent!  The set is Botanicals For You and is free with a $60 purchase.
It's looks for time consuming to make than it really is.  Each of the flowers are actually different sizes - so I just used one colour for each size - easy peasy!  The colours are taken from the colours in the corresponding (also free with a $60 purchase) DSP Wildflower Fields - Lost Lagoon, Calypso Cora, and Hello Honey with Old Olive for the greenery.  Love!

What's up for today?  Nothing too exciting … think I'll roast slab of cow and try my hand at making Yorkshire Pudding.  Never made it before but saw an easy Jamie Oliver video that has peaked my interest.  Other than that more crafting, movies and family time.  My favourite kind of Sunday!

Whatever you get up to today stay warm, and have a stampy day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment