Tuesday, January 5, 2016

A Nice Cuppa!

Happy Tuesday!

Not a lot to report today.  I spent yesterday thoroughly enjoying the peace and quiet of "back to business as usual" around here!  The morning was working out, walking Doodles and tidying up before running a few errands, dinner and homework with the kids.  I expect today will be much the same as I play "catch up" on house cleaning and grocery shopping (with HEALTHY food!)

I spent all weekend in my Craft Cave (well, back-permitting - lots of breaks!)  Sunday I was playing around with a set I fell in love with from the new 2016 Occasions Catalogue (which goes live tomorrow btw!)

It's Called A Nice Cuppa ($21 - page 35 of the 2106 Occasions catalogue).  Check.  It.  Out!
ARGH - I just LOVE the pop of white in those funky hearts!!!

This card actually took about 2 hours to come together.  It It started off VERY differently and ended up morphing into this.  Freaking LOVE it!

I used my long-ignored favourite purple Elegant Eggplant as a mat.  It measures 3 1/4" x 4 1/2".
The delicious Whisteria Wonder patterned paper is the new "Have a Cuppa" Designer Series Paper Stack (page 35, $10) and measures 3" x 4 1/2"

The cup was then punched out of Elegant Eggplant card stock with the new Cups and Kettle Framelits ($36)

If you buy the stamp set and framelits you get 15% off - so the bundle is $48.25.  Worth every penny, if you ask me!

The white waves are punched out with one of the framelits.  The little tea bag was stamped and cut out with scissors.  Yes, there is a framelit for it but really?  Scissors were probably faster for this little guy!

The hearts … ahhhh the hearts.  Freaking love the hearts.  They are stamped and then cut out (with scissors - there is a similar framelit but not an exact fit for this heart so I used scissors 'cause I'm crazy like that!!)

Oh … and the little white part that is in the handle of the tea cup … that was punched out as well (otherwise you would see the Whisteria DSP behind it, not the punch of white that I love)

I attached the "waves" with my fine tip glue pen.  I attached a piece of white bakers twine to the tea bag with some Tear n Tape.  I attached the hearts with dimensionals and added a few rhinestones.

It's rare that I don't have a sentiment on the front of my cards … but this one just didn't need it.  You can use it for a Get Well, Thinking of You, Thank You, Birthday - almost ANYthing.

My kind of card!  I feel a mass production coming on *lol* … well … maybe one day … I still have too many new toys to play with before focusing on one card for more than 10 minutes!  Speaking of …. I loved this set so much I needed to try another card using it.  Mission accomplished!  Pop in again soon to see how THAT one turned out!  Until then - have a stampy day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment