Monday, December 14, 2015

Christmas Crafting Crazy

Happy Monday!

… I think … not too sure.  Been awake since 3:00 again - never a great start to the day.

Too.  Much.  Going.  On.

Last week everything was great.  I was on top of it all.  I was calm.  I was collected.  I was rested.   I was "normal".

As of yesterday I am bat shit CRAZY and have a to-do list that is 30 bullet points long! … and some of those bullet points have SUB-bullet points.  WTH???  I'm drowning, primarily, in school work!  With the last 4 days of school the kids have a TONNE of exams, assignments and "fun" things to do.  Translation - I'm juggling helping make a to-scale zoo (complete with fences, animals and dimensions), memorize useless facts about mercantilism and The Hudson Bay from back when the earth was still cooling, writing cue cards on the 6 form of precipitation … and 4 types of clouds … and how they are formed … meanwhile trying to figure out what everyone is going to wear to the 15 minute Christmas Concert Thursday night … oh, and whip up a potluck snack for the kids … and MAKE an ugly Christmas sweater … did I mention our fridge died last week?  Ya - so we're living out of a bar fridge and a box of condiments in the garage … did I mention Alicia has a RAGING cold?  Ya - 3 time she's been sick in 3 weeks …. AND I have my period … AGAIN!  %(@#%*!#(

*insert calm breathing here ….

OK … better ….

Shall we proceed … calmly?   Right ….

So that's why I've been MIA for the last week or so.  I say again … bat shit crazy …

In and amongst all the "fun" noted above I HAVE been crafting.  Yup - the last two Fridays I was at the school crafting with Alicia's class (ironically one of those classes I was in her classroom while she was sick at home on my couch!)  Naturally my samples got lost in the 27 kid chaos .. but here is an idea of what they made ...
We used the Fry Box Die to make Santa boxes.  They also made a white version with 3 punched out black circles for a snowman box.  IT was actually a fairly painless afternoon *lol*

Last week I went in and the kids made two cards and envelopes … not quite as painless but fu all the same ….

The reindeer card was quick and easy.  They simply stamped the antlers from the Wonderland set (2015 Holiday Catalogue that is retiring VERY soon!) … and the sentiment from Oh What Fun (In Chocolate Chip ink).  A 1/2" red glimmer paper circle was attached with a dimensional and they drew eyes on with a Sharpie.  I thought the card would be too quick so I made up a second one.  In hind sight the one would have been enough,  Alas! …

The second card was made with different lengths of 2", 1 1/2" and 1" strips (Cherry Cobbler, Pear pizzazz and Whisper White), punched with the banner punch.  The snowflake is a retired one I found in my stash of "single" stamps that we could buy a few years back.  We used a retired flower punch to punch it out and attach it.  The snowflake is in Early Espresso.  The 3 snowflake are in Pear Pizzazz from another retired set Christmas Punch (one of the very first sets I ever purchased!)
The sentiment is from the November Paper Pumpkin kit.  We added some rhinestones for some bling … they stamped and punched out the santa postage stamp for the envelope and they were done.

Last week the girls and I cracked of 16 Key-UTE little candy sleighs.  I've seen them all over Pinterest but it wasn't until my friend Barb posted pics of hers on Facebook that I knew I had to make them.  It took about an hour to do all 16!

 Walmart for the Candy Canes and Costco for the Gum, Chocolate Bars and ribbon.  I made tags using the Oh What Fn se (Black ink) and ornaments from a retired set from last year in Cucumber Crush - punched the top with the topper punch, added some Baker's Twine and DONE!

Thursday night Rebecca asked if I would make a card for her student teacher as it was her last day Friday.  Oh kayyyyyyy.  I've made this card before but this one had to be bigger so all 21 kids could sign it.  Mission accomplished.  I used a 12" x 12" piece of paper (and no envelope) to make one large enough.

 Done!

Last night I worked on my angels from 2 years ago …
I had given all mine to my mom back in 2013.  I had punched out all the pieces, planning to put them together but apparently that takes 2 years … and a 30 Bullet-point to-do list to get 'er done!

Lord ply knows what I'll be creating THIS week … but rest assured there will be SOME crafting happening.  Well … if I survive the next 3 days, that is!  Pop in again next week to see if I made it!

Thanks for listening to my rant!  Now out's 6:30 and time to get the kids moving.  Wish me luck … and have a stampy day!


Tam


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting today - my days seem to be just like yours lately! I appreciate that you were still able to post some of your projects. They're always inspiring. Hope the rest of the week is better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww. What a lovely thing to say! Thanks Rubina. We're getting there …. one zoo animal at a time *lol*

    ReplyDelete