Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Sledding All the Way

Happy Tuesday!

Right!  Last card from my card-blitz last week.  I started off strong with this one but REALLY struggled to finish it off with a bang.  Check it out.

Hmmmm - love lots of things about it - the woodgrain textured background … theCrumb Cake banner made with the banner punch … the Early Espresso mat and Very Vanilla layer .. the Early Espresso sled (from Warm Winter Wishes) …
… the banner (from Oh What Fun) …
… then I kept falling down.  I can't TELL you how many times I changed the finishing details - I had 3 snowflakes … I had them in various colours … I had ribbon in various colours, pearls in various colours … enamel dots in various colours … argh!  In the end I settled on some Night of Navy Seam binding ribbon, a punched snowflake (from the Snowflake punch) and some pearls that I coloured with my Dark Night of Navy Blendabilities marker (so sad those got pulled :( )

I think I'll change it yet again - a masculine Birthday Card - scrap the pearls, the snowflake and the ribbon.  Clean and simple may be better.  I'll keep you posted!

I'm off to the gym (week 10!)  Have yourself a stampy day!!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment