Thursday, November 12, 2015

Happy Scenes Case

Happy Thursday!

Ohhhh Lord give me strength to get through today!  Today is the day I take Miss Alicia to get her immunization shots.  Ugh.  I don't now who's dreading it more - her or me!  My kids and needles are NOT friends!!!  Rebecca is getting a BIT better .. well … it no longer takes three adults to hold her down (seriously … took her for flu shots when she was about 5 years old and that's what it took … QUITE the ordeal for everyone within a 6 mile radius!!!) … but Alicia … well … let's just say we have a ways to go yet.  The school DOES have a nurse come into the school to do all the Grade 5 kids but Alicia flat out refused to have it done at school.  She said she didn't want to scream and cry in front of her friends.  No.  She wanted to save THAT special moment for her mom *lol*.    Ugh … I say again … give me strength!

Let's move on to happier things, shall we? … like Christmas cards.  Christmas cards are happier things!

Today's card is a total CASE from the talented Lisa Young at Add Ink and Stamp.  Here is her card …
… and here is mine ...
It's such a simple, lovely, peaceful card.  I just love it!  When I first found Lisa's card it was, of course, using one of the stamp sets I had been eyeing up but hadn't purchased.  Well I need to rectify THAT little problem immediately and my next order had it winging it's way to me.  See, whilst I loved the set (Happy Scenes) ...

… I wasn't convinced I loved the coordinating Framelits ...
Oh sure - the framelits ARE fabulous when paired with this set ...
… but it all seemed to "fussy" for my liking.  I usually mass produce my cards and this combo wouldn't fit my needs and would likely just gather dust … so I didn't buy any of them.  Having said that I kept eyeing up the Happy Scenes set and tried to justify buying it.  Lisa Young to the rescue!  This card was all the justification I needed and I'm glad I now own it.  Here's my card again …
For this card it's all about doing things in the right order.  First off make a 2" x 4" wide banner with the Banner Punch.  Place it on the Whisper White base and stamp the trees in Mossy Meadow ink.  Lift the banner, reink and stamp the trees again.  Stamp the sentiment from Embellished Ornaments in Early Espresso ink…
Then take your Soft Sky ink - get some ink in the lid by squishing the lid into the pad - take a blender pen or aqua painter - pick up some of the soft sky with your painter and lightly shade the ground under the trees.

Next lightly tape the banner in place (just a little tick of tape) and run the whole piece through the Big Shot with the Softly Falling Embossing folder (note - use the folder upside down so the "thick" snow is at the top of the card).
Remove the banner, wrap some Gold Cord around it then reattach using dimensionals.  Done!

A great card for Christmas or winter birthdays (obviously using a different sentiment!)

So I guess that's it for today.  I better go walk Doodles before the *fun* of immunizations starts.  I say again - ugh!

Have yourself a needle-free, stampy day!


Tam

1 comment:

  1. I have been looking for inspiration that is both effective and achievable for Christmas cards. I love this! Thank you for making me believe that I can make something beautiful ... now I just need to have a go.

    ReplyDelete