Friday, September 4, 2015

Square Pillow Box Treats

Happy Friday!

What???  Another post of an actually project so soon??  Yup.  True story.  I'm obvious procrastinating on setting up for the Open House tonight … 'cause that's the way I roll, Sista!

I wanted to share the little treats I whipped up Sunday night for my club gals.  Yes - while I was away my club order came in … and I wanted/needed to deliver them Monday … and I just CAN'T deliver without a little "something" in the bag … so down I went.  I knew I wanted to make something using the new Pillow Box Framelits.  This bad boy is going to come in handy for all SORTS of treats!
It also has a coordinating stamp set that I would highly recommend …
Great set for tags and seasonal backgrounds …

So here is what I came up with …
What I really love about these little boxes is how much they can hold!  WAY more than the pillow boxes we made with the old Big Shot dies.  I put three tea bags in these and there was still lots of room to spare.  So many options!  I'm thinking they would make a cute place setting for the Thanksgiving table, Halloween Treats, Teacher Treats, really - no limits!

In making these I realized that, like in cooking, things are SO much easier when you have the right tools!  These would have been HELL to make if it weren't for my Tear Tape, Fast Fuse Tape and mini Stapler!  The boxes are made by punching out two pieces and taping them together.  I started out using the Tear Tape.  It worked GREAT!  Then I realized my Fast Fuse would be even faster so switched to that.  

I taped my pieces together then used my Vintage Leaves set to stamp the background
I used Delightful Dijon, Always Artichoke, Cajun Craze and Tip Top Taupe.  FYI this set has a matching set of Framelits to make cutting out images quick and easy
Once the background was stamped (took all of a few minutes!) I stamped the sentiment (in Cajun Craze) from the Cottage Greetings set …
… and then punched it out with the new Washi Label punch.  LOVE this punch!  I also punched out an Always Artichoke and Cajun Craze piece

Finally, I stapled the 3 pieces to the box before sealing it with my fast fuse using the mini stapler.  I had never been a fan of stapling on cards/projects in the past but I got over it and now love it!

Final project again …
 Ta-da!  I made 12 of them in about an hour.  My kind of project.

OK - gotta get moving.  Hope to see you tonight.  In the meantime, have a stampy day!!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment