Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Lovely, Amazing You

Happy Wednesday!

I had a lovely, relaxing day yesterday.  Got the kids off to school, tidied up, did some paperwork, walked the dog and then hit the Craft Cave … well … actually to hit Craig's Man Cave which I have taken over since last Tuesday.  Every month I set up for my classes and they run 4 times over 6 days so everything stays set up during that time.  Poor guys tries to relax but is surrounded by ink pads and the backings from dimensionals *lol*  Today I went down and made up the extra cards that I had cut (yes, every month I cut 4 or 5 extra templates so I can "play" too … and add to my card stash.   The card I'm sharing today is one of my new all-time FAVES!  Check - it - out!

Absolutely - freaking - LOVE IT!!!  SO quick!  SO clean!  SO inexpensive!  SO awesome!!!  Right - I'll try not to gush much more and will point out a few things about this little piece of awesomeness!

First off - check out the DSP inside the heart.  It's the same DSP that is used for the mat.  Know what it's from??  Nope - not one of the catalogue DSP's - its from the COVER OF THE OCCASIONS CATALOGUE!!! YES!  If you take the front cover off the back side of it is this lovely, patterned, Soft Sky paper!  Since I have scads of Occasions Catalogue around (they are still in effect until June 2nd) and since Sale-a-brations is over (which is what the front cover was promoting) I whipped that baby off and up-cycled  it for my card.

I used Whisper White base and layer (and the DSP as a mat).  I first stamped the heart from Groovy Kind Of Love in Cherry Cobbler (still LOVE that colour!!).  I then stamped the sentiment from Lovely Amazing You (a new'ish photopolymer set - LOVE the font!!!) in Early Espresso (love that colour too - especially WITH the Cherry Cobbler!).  I then took a post-it note, punched it out with the Heart punch and stuck it over the Cherry heart.  This masks off the white space (hence "masking technique").  I then took the sunburst image from Kinda Eclectic, inked it in Soft Sky, stamped it off once on scrap paper so it wasn't so intense, and then stamped it overtop the heart.  I used the small heart from Itty Bitty Punch Pack to make the small heart - popped it up on half a dimensional and added a rhinestone for a little sparkle.

When I was demonstrating this card for class I realized I actually liked the card even better WITHOUT the DSP heart … so I made a bunch without it.  In fact the second card is the one I gave Craig for our anniversary yesterday.  Yes, there is no greater proclamation of love than THAT for a woman, right? *lol*

So that's it for today - but pop n again soon!  I have uploaded 10 PROJECTS to share in the coming days.  The posts are started and the pictures uploaded … now I just have to the 10 actual ramblings!  (I know, you can't wait, right??  *lol*)  Any-who … "see you" soon - have a stampy day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment