Sunday, January 18, 2015

Hello Life

Happy Sunday!

I have deemed today official "Sweet Legs / Comfort Wear / Pajama Day".  No getting dressed around here.  If you drop in on us be prepared to be met with bad hair do's, yesterday's makeup and lounge wear everywhere you look!

Today I'm sharing another card we made at Wanda's party Friday night.  This card looks SO much better "in person" - the colours are amazing together!

LOVE it!!!  In fact I loved it so much I made 12 of them for the boutique (my cards are for sale at a small, popular leggings boutique that just opened in St. Albert - Sweet Boutique.  They sell primarily THE hot fashion leggings of the year "Sweetlegs" but they are also carrying other clothing that fits any figure and is VERY reasonably priced!)  … but I digress!

I used Whisper White and Blackberry Bliss card stock along with Blackberry Bliss and Crumb Cake inks.  This colour combination is my new favourite!  Looks ah-MAZING together!  I used the Hello Life stamp set - definitely in my top 3 stamp sets for the 2015 Occasions Catalogue.  I love the shape of the hearts and the script of the words.  Since I was mass-producing this card I decided to save some time and, rather than stamping each heart separately, I mounted all three of them on my second-largest clear bock so all 3 get stamped at once.  Clever, yes??  You just have to be careful when you ink them up to just gently lay the stamps on the ink pad - you seriously just place it on the pad, let go and then pick it up again.  If you press on it at all you will get ink on the block and there is a good chance you will transfer it to your card stock when you stamp it.  As always, with photopolymer stamps, make sure you use the foam pierce mat to stamp on.  I had a few stampers not use the pad and their sentiment was a little blurred - it tends to bleed a bit if you don't use the pad.  Use it!

I finally punched 3 hearts from the itty bitty punch pack and attached them with glue dots.  Three rhinestones finished it off. The added beauty of the punched heart is that if you didn't get a complete stamped image a strategically placed punched heart can cover up the error.    Oh!  I almost forgot - we rounded two of the four corners with the Project Life corner rounder for a little added interest.

So that's it for now.  Pop in again tomorrow for another video.  Until then - have a stampy Sunday!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment