Friday, November 21, 2014

Gentle Peace

Happy Friday!

I TOLD you I would manage to procrastinate a little more on what I SHOULD be doing!  I know myself so well :)

Today I have a card we made at Technique Class last week, using the new('ish) "Gentle Peace" stamp set.  I just HAD to have this one for my religious Christmas cards this year!  Check it out!
I just LOVE this set!!!  I originally set out to colour it completely in a stained glass look … but quickly realized that would make for a rather long class as everyone waited for the Blendabilities.  So I decided "less is more".  I stamped the image with Versamark ink, covered it in Silver Embossing Powder, heat set it and then cut it out with my paper snips.  The base was run through the Big Shot with the Filigree Embossing Folder … but the folder was sideways …. thereby leaving some white space at the bottom of the card for stamping the sentiment (which is from the same set).  I  you use the folder in the "proper" orientation the entire front is embossed and you can't stamp on a flat surface.  I used my Rich Razzleberry ink (for the sentiment) and Blendabilities (the lightest and darkest).  I also used the lights Daffodil Delight Belndabilities marker … and a little Seam Binding to tie all the colours together.  Oh!  … and a single rhinestone in the centre of the sun at the top.  I like it!  Clean, simple, elegant!

That's it for today - now I'm off to label catalogues :)  Have a stampy day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment