Sunday, August 3, 2014

Pillow Box Treats

Happy Sunday!

OK - Today I have a NEW project to share with you!!  I'm all caught up on "old" projects so I can now move on *lol*.

These are the treats my Club Gals got in with their orders this month:


So stinkin' KEY-UTE I can't STAND it!!  And SOOOOO easy!  The most time consuming part of this project is putting the jelly beans into the bags and tying them!!!  How is it that this little project of yumminess is so quick?  Simple!  I used the new "A Little Sumthin' Sumthin'" kit on page 198 of the catalogue!!!  Yes!  I LOVE KITS!!!  For just $19.95 (plus s/h/gst) you get all the supplies needed to make 10 pillow box treats.  They are designed to hold a gift card so they are IDEAL for Teacher Gifts!!  I usually give hand made cards to the teachers but as you know I give my club girls a little treat every month ... and I need 18-22 of them ... so in order to get the 10 treats I needed without breaking the bank I simply cut the pillow boxes in half and wa-low!  I had 20!  Here are some pics I took to show you how:

First off - here is everything that comes in the kit.  I didn't use the sticks or grey strips of paper for my project - they can be used to make a teeny little pom-pom-type embellishment - cute, but I didn't use them (I'll be saving them for another project though!)
 I simply took each pillow box, measured down 1 1/2" inches (or 6 little circles!) from each box end and drew a line.
 I then cut the box in half:
 The kit provides 10 little speech bubbles that coordinate with the Sumthin Sumthing stamp set.  I don't HAVE that one yet (insert gasp here!) ... but I have the next best thing ... the "Just Sayin'" set.  The "Gee, Thanks" sentiment matches the size perfectly.  I used my Stampin' Write Marker to ink up the sentiment rather than my ink pad (in Real Red) because the stamp has a border around the sentiment but the pre-punched speech bubble already has one (in silver) ... and I didn't want the red border ... so I used my marker:
 I grabbed my stash of small cello backs, popped in 18-20 jelly beans (purchased just for tis occasion!) and tied them with the ribbon that is included.  Since I made 20 treat I DID have to dig out my stash of ribbon for the extra 10 but Lord knows I have LOTS of ribbon for that!!  The sentiment isn't even taped down - it's just clipped with the little wodden clothes pin that's included.  Again, I needed 10 more but again, I have a stash ;)
 Ta-Da!
 Super Love!!
I HIGHLY recommend this kit.  Quick, easy, affordable and adorable for teacher or co-worker gifts.!!

(Oh!  I can't take credit for this little cutie!  I CASED it from Stampin' Up! when I saw it demonstrated by Donna Griffith at the 2014-2015 Catalogue Premiere that I went to back in the Spring.)

That's it for today.  Have a super stampy Sunday!!!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment