Thursday, May 29, 2014

Soho Subway Scraps

Happy Thursday!

Day 4 of rainy, dreary weather … and I love it!  This has been SUCH a great, relaxing week I would love if it was like this every week!  I mean really … it's not like I'd be outside if it were nice … the laundry/dishes/chores don't get done if I'm sitting outside reading a magazine!  … so I'd perfer, since I have to be inside most of the time anyway, that it be yucky OUTside!  Plus when it's nice out I feel I SHOULD be outside … given that we can only DO that for 5 months of the year!  So yep - let it rain Monday-Friday each week.  I get a clean house, completed chores and a wee bit of crafting in.  My idea of awesome!

So today I'm sharing a card I was planning to use for my party/workshop last week …but I figured it would be too fiddly for new stampers.  It's not HARD but fiddly … so it didn't make the cut. I still like it, though … check it out:
It's actually a CASE of a card made by Sandy over at www.scrappyhabits.com .  Here is her card:
I find hers really striking … and a great way to use up scraps of DSP .. of which I have a BUCKET full!

For my card I used Very Vanilla cs for the base and layer.  I punched out circles with my 1 1/4" circle punch.  The Soho Subway DSP were punched out with the 1 3/8" circle punch and taped down before placing the layer on top (popped up with dimensionals).  The fiddly part was getting the DSP circles in just the right spot behind the "window" circles.  Oh … and I used my new Project Life corner rounder on the layer.  The sentiment is from "Blue Ribbon" stamp set, stamped in Early Espresso and punched out with the 13/8" circle punch).

That's it!  A great "masculine" card - no fluff or bling!

Pop in again to see some more projects.  Until then - have a stampy day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment