Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Many Moustaches

Happy Wednesday!

OK … last card from my SAS a few weeks ago.  It's not 100% CASEd but was certainly inspired by this fun masculine card thatI found at cleanandsimplestamping.blogspot.ca - I don't know the name of the creator but I loved it!
Here is my twist on it:

LOVE it!!  SO simple.  I used the retired MAny Moustaches stamp that I have in my stash of "keepers".  The stamp itself has 4 different moustaches all on one block.  I only wanted one, though, so out came my handy dandy exact knife and I sliced that bad boy right off the block.  I then peeled off the sticky wood-mount foam and converted the one moustache to a clear-mount stamp.  How did I do that?  Well … I recently purchased some clear-mount foam from our catalogue (yes, we sell it …. who knew???!!!) and just stuck the red rubber piece to the clear-mount foam and cut it out.  Done!  I can now use just the one moustache without any hassle!

I inked the 'stache in tmy FABULOUS new Basic Black ink and got a crisp, clear stamped image.  I then grabbed the bow tie from the retired Dapper Dad set (another keeper from a few years ago) and inked it in a) basic black and for the second version b) in Raspberry Ripple.  The strip of black behind the layer was run through the Houndstooth Embossing Folder so the texture matches the pattern on the tie,  LOVE when that happens!  The sentiment is from yet ANOTHER retired set, Best Dad Ever (I think that's what it's called … a great set with a bunch of neck ties on it … great font for the sentiments!)

That's it!  Quick, easy and perfect for a "guy" (although Craig said he didn't "get it" … not sure what there is to "get" but ….)

Pop in again soon to see what's going on in my little corner of crazy :)  Until then, have a stampy Wednesday!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment