Monday, April 7, 2014

Flower Shop CASE

Happy Monday!

Yes, I KNOW it's 8:13 pm and I'm just getting around to posting but HEY!  Better late than never, right??  It was one of those crazy busy days today … and although I'm ready to drop into bed I must admit I LOVED it!  Why?  Because I could MOVE!!!  Seriously.  It was a dream to get out of bed this morning and not have to stand tilted … my weight on my right leg, fist pressing on my back while I tried to shift my weight and stand straight.  This morning I simply got up!  I enjoyed every pain-free step to the loo!  Of course the downside of the morning was that we were back to the "what-to-pack-for-lunch" dilemma … made more difficult by the fact that I haven't been grocery shopping for 2 weeks.  I thought the Principal might call social services if I sent the girls to school with nothing but a limp stick of celery in their lunch kit *lol*  We somehow made it to school on time and with quite the mix of ingredients in their lunch!  I walked the dog (and enjoyed every step!!) and then it was off to the chiropractor for my last session.  He confirmed I am much straighter than I was - he re-aligned my hips, got rid of the screaming headache I'd had for the last 24 hours and I was good to go.  I spent the rest of the day running errands and catching up on all the things that were left undone while I was horizontal.

Now the day is winding down and although I SHOULD be in my craft room putting the finishing touches on my Technique card for tomorrow's class I thought I'd post instead.  After all, I DO have a few hours to work on it tomorrow, right?!

Last week I did a lot of Research and Development while I was flat on my back.  R&D? I had a lotos cards pinned that I planned to use for my Stamp-a-Stack (that was yesterday).  Alas, as usual, I start OUT CASEing a card but when push comes to shove I end up changing it.  This card was what I PLANNED to case:
It was created by Danielle Daws over at www.danielledaws.com  I realized I must REALLY like this card because I found I had pinned it three times!!  I actually came really close to copying her layout.  I used my Flower Shop flower stamp and my retired square punches and corner rounder and it looked quite similar.  Buuuuuttttt … the more I looked at it the more I decided I really SHOULD use current SU products .. then I could use the card for upcoming workshops and classes (like tomorrows class!)  So … I played and played and cha ged and played … and this is what I ended up with:
LOVE it!!! It never ceases to amaze me that a card as simple as this could take 2 hours to come up with.  Seriously.  2 hours.  I REALLY wanted to use this colour combination - Elegant Eggplant, Island Indigo and Basic Grey (thank you once again dear Color Coach!)  My favourite part of the card is the use of my new Basic Black Ink Pad!  I FINALLY got 3 brand spanking new ones … and they DON'T SMUDGE!!!  Even better, they are JET BLACK!!!  … not the dark purple the old felt pads were - these are super crisp, deep, deep black.  I highly recommend them!!!  I stamped the background pattern in the black using the Summer Silhouettes set.  I stapes the flower on the various card stocks using my White Craft ink and punched them out with the coordinating Pansy Punch.  I then stamped the black flower centre using my retired Itty Bitty Shapes (I think that's what it's called!) and punched it out with the corresponding (current) punch.  I used glue dots to attach those … 'cause life is WAY too short to try to get adhesive on something so small!  The sentiment is from the hostess set Express Yourself … and the Eggplant flower is popped up on a dimensional.  I love the final product!  What I also love is that this card works for most occasions … just switch the sentiment with what you need and Wa-Low!  You're good to go!

Right … it's bed time … hopefully I'll be able to shut my brain off for the next 9 hours so I can hit the ground running again tomorrow … SO much to do … Pop in again soon to see if I manage to post another project for you,. Until then,  have a stampy night!


Tam

3 comments:

  1. I'm SO glad you're back to normal! Can't wait for tonight's technique class!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww … don't YOU just know how to make my day! Thanks - I can't wait to see My Girls too! xoxoxo (now I better go design that card … 10 hours 'til class! *lol*)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete