Thursday, March 6, 2014

Paw Print Birthday


Happy Thursday!

Not too much to report this week … just keepin' on keeping' on … this whole healthy lifestyle gig is very time consuming!  Between the exercise (and mandatory shower afterwards), walking the dog and buying and prepping healthy snacks takes me to 11:00 am every day.  The purging and organizing continues as we are now into redecorating both girls' rooms.  This weekend we sand Alicia's walls and prep them for painting … a lovely TEAL!  Eek!  So just quickly, as the girls are having their bedtime snack … I thought I'd share two cards Rebecca and I made on the weekend.

Rebecca was going to a birthday party at the Humane Society.  I thought one of my paw-print cards I had cased from Mary Fish a while ago.  My original was earth tones,newsprint DSP and black … not colourful enough for Rebecca so she altered hers.  Here it is:
Great job, yes?!  She used my designer paper stack .. what's it call, Fresh Prints?  Can't remember and I'm too lazy to go get my catty … so let's go with that, shall we?  It's in the 2014 Occasions Catalogue - $8.50 … I think :) The mat and paw print is from the Coastal Cabana card stock.  The paw is made from the large heart punch and the small oval punch.  Rebecca used the sentiment from … umm … dunno … some stamp set she found on my desk … Perfect Punches?  Sure.  Let's go with that :)  She used some retired 5/8" grosgrain Real Red ribbon to finish it off - great job!

Next up is my version:
i used the same DSP but I used Soft Suede card stock and the sentiment for mine is from Sassy Salutations.  The ribbon is the taffeta Soft Suede …

Thee cards are REALLY quick and easy to make up - we did ours in about 10 minutes.  Good thing - we only had 11 minutes before we had to leave for the party!

That's it for now … I have a couple other posts in "draft" mode …  I hope to get to those soon … until then - have a stampy evening!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment