Saturday, February 22, 2014

Blessed Easter Fun Fold Card

Happy Saturday!

Hibernating most of the day as Mother Nature has decided to be mean again ... I'm starting to dislike her ....

As promised, today I'm going to show you the "ther" card that I made using the leftover templates I found to make this card:
Ok ... are you ready:
 Ta Da!!  *lol*  No - I'm not drunk and I didn't make a mistake.  THIS is the card that came from the black and white card templates.  It totally cracks me up!  SERIOUSLY!  I started with the black and white stuff ... and that's what I ended up with!!  No lie! It just kept changing little by little ... the rectangles turned into an oval ... then the black turned into Artichoke sponging ... then the fold of the card changed and it morphed into what you see.  Crazy!

Here is the inside:
 
 
Wanna learn how to make the fold?  Okee Dokee!  Start with your standard half sheet of card stock ...
 ... and fold it in half so it is standard 5 1/2" x 4 1/4". Then fold the front of the card in half again so it is 5 1/2" x 2 2/16" like so:
 Open the front again and centre your oval framelit along the fold like so:
 Now.  We only want to cut HALF of the oval ... the inside half ... so when we place the top cutting plate thingy on top of the framelit we only place it UP TO the fold line .. like so:
 This way there is only pressure on half of the framelit when it goes through your big shot and thus only cutting where the pressure was ... like so:
Now you just refold it so the half-oval pokes out to the right and decorate it.  For my card I cut a second oval and stamped THAT so the fold line is hidden.
I stamped the Blessed Easter stam with black Staz-on and used my finger dauber to ink the edge of the oval with Always Artichoke.  I outlined the flowers with my Real Red marker and then my blender pen to pull the color into the rest of the flower, making it look pink.  I did the same with the leaves - used my Always Artichoke marker to outline it and then my blender pen to pull the color into the white spots.  I used the YUMMY Crushed Curry Chevron Ribbon for an easy accent.  When you open the card this is what you see:
I didn't originally plan to punch out the sentiment (which is froma retired set, Blessings from Heaven ... I think!) but I smudged it when I stamped it so a do-over was in order!  I stamped it and punched it out with my framelits, sponged the edge in Artichoke and popped it up on dimensionals.  I also added a little Delicate Details Lace Tape along the left hand side just to jazz it up a bit.  I love how this turned out ... especially considering it started out like this:
*lol*

Pop in again - I have a Thank You card to share that I made with another left-over Christmas template.  Until then - have a stampy Saturday!


Tam

1 comment:

  1. I love this beautiful card I found on Pinterest today. It's a perfect design for the Easter card I'm making. I love the beautiful tulips on your card. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete