Thursday, January 16, 2014

Happy Watercolor Birthday

Happy Thursday!!

Thursday.  That means half day for the kids.  That means run around like a chicken with your head cut off for the Mom.  It's 10:00 ... got coffee in, breakfast in, workout in (hate you Jillian Michaels!), now blog post ... then dog walk ... then tidy kitchen, super quick shower then off to the get the short people.  Better crack on!

Today's card had me squealing with excitement!  You can always tell how much of a card is *my own* by the level of excitement and decible (?) of squeal.  This one was pretty high on both counts.  I drew my inspiration from this card by Lyssa Griffin Zwolanek ...

I loved the colors!  As usual I set out to copy it exactly ... but I wan't in a butterfly kind-of mood.  So I started playing around.  Here is the first card I made:
Beore I had any images on it Alicia gasped ... "Moooooooom ... that's beauuuuuuuuutiful ... can I HAVE it?"  Ya no.  Hands off kid.  I promised to make her another one *lol*.  The watercolor swipes are made iwth the Happy Watercolor stamp from the Occasions Mini.  I sued (I think!) Temptinting Turquoise, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango and Melon Mambo.  Yes.  That was it.  The yellow isn's as bright as I'd like ... maybe I need to reink the pad!  I stamped the sentiment (from the same set ... LOVE when THAT happens!) with black Staz-on.  I almost left it like that.  The swipes were pretty enough on their own ... but I kept playing.  I stamped the flower (from the same set) with black Stazon ... hmmm ... needed something.  I grabbed my Illuminate ink pad and a QTip and colored the flowers.  Shimmery!  I DID add one rhinestone ... but I don't really like that part ... think I'll take it off.  I added some Old Olive card stock behind the top layer of whisper white.

Nice ... but now I wanted to see what else I could do with the colors.  Alicia (my official "opinionator") liked them so they MUST be awesome ... I thought I'd try the colors in a rainbow pattern ... and then it ALLLLL came together ... and I squealed ....
 
 LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it!!!!  I made the rainbow with Real Red, Tangerine Tango, CRUSHED CURRY, (much brighter!), Gumball Green, Tempting Turgoise and Rich Razzleberry.  I LOVED the look of the rainbow ... of course then I had the Rainbow song going through my head ... you know ... red, orange yellowwwwwww, green, blue purpllllllllle ....  *lol*  Next up I searched for a sentiment.  I was going to go with the You Make Me Happy again ... and then I saw it ... and SQUEALED!!!  The new See Ya Later set from the SAB brochure ... this one was PERFECT ... AND IT FIT RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE WITHOUT EVEN TRYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  pant, pant, pant ... ok ... see how crazy I get over these little things?????  Breaaaaathe ... ok .... I stamped the sentiment in Early Espresso.  For unknown reasons I added 3 rhinestones.  These confused Craig.  He didn't *get it*.  I do't get it either ... but they're pretty, so they're staying.  Ha!

Of course after I made the card the rainbow song left my head and was replaced by *Let the Sunshine In* sung by none other than Pebbles Flintstone ... which I leave you with now so it can be stuck in your head too ... a little flashback for those of you who are my age :)  Until next time, have a sunshiny day!!

Tam
 

No comments:

Post a Comment