Friday, December 6, 2013

Cork Critters

Happy Friday!

Well!  You know I'm avoiding something when I start ironing.  Hmm ... perhaps I'm procrastinating on doing the Christmas letter and cards??  Maybe tomorrow :)

I thought I'd post the ADORABLE little cork critters Alicia and I made on Tuesday.  It was our "Mommy/daughter" night and she wanted to start making Christmas presents for her family.  Okee Dokee.  I'm the gal to help with THAT!  Off to Pinterest we went and here is what we made:
Hee hee - the reindeer cracks me up!  Of course as usually happens, Alicia picks a project and Mommy ends up making it - the downside of a super hot glue gun!  SHE got to decide where everything went, though.  The Santa is a cork that she colored with a peach Sharpie.  I wrapped a little piece of red felt around it for the body - punched out a 2 1/4" circle with my Circle Framelits and hot glued it into a cone shape.  I found some fur ribbon that I bought last year for who-knows-what ... it turned into his hat trim and beard ... although I personally think the hat looks like a sombraro *lol* - a white pom pom tops his hat.  Alicia drew on eyes and a nose and Santa was done.  The reindeer was so fun!  I used 2 corks - one for the body - then I cut the other one in half.  One half was for his head - the other half I cut into 4 pieces for the legs.  Hot glue gun to hold it together.  Some over-sized googly eyes and a red pom pom nose and we were almost done!  I punched out two small hearts with my small heart punch with Baked Brown Sugar card stock.  I used Chocolate Chip card stock for the antlers and tail.  I grabbed my retired snowflake punch (WHY did they retire that little cutie??!!) - again, hot glue gun to stick them all on and Wa-low!  Mamma and Papa are done!

Pop in again to see what we come up with for Grandma and Grandpa B!  ... and for some fun pics of Trixie, our Elf on the Shelf.  She's been up to all kinds of nonsense this week - and we're all lovin' it!!!

Stay warm (-42 in Edmonton today with the wind chill!!!!!!) and have a stampy night!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment