Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas Thank Yous

Happy Monday!

Ahhh ... I'm really starting to get into this relaxing business ... just in time to start gearing up for the New Year classes and promotions *lol* ... Oh well ... I'd be really bored if I sat around in my yoga pants much longer (and they wouldn't FIT if I didn't get back on track with the healthy living I've been trying to adopt!!!)

This weekend I got a bunch of crafting in ... and REALLY enjoyed it.  I don't often craft just for fun but that's what I did - SO relaxing!!  I'll share one of the cards I came up with tomorrow ... but today I want to show you the Thank You cards I made for the girls to give out.  As you know by now - NOT sending a thank you not is NOT an option in my house.  You get a present, you send a thank you.  Period.  No discussion.  Well ... they TRY to discuss it ... and negotiate it away ... and whine a LOT about it ... and *promise I'll do it later* ... but Mom is a hard ass.  You don't do it - I tell the people not to get you a present next year.  They know I mean business and they do it!  Here is what I whipped up this year:
 Look familiar?  It should - I made the same card a while back but in different colors.  For this card I used some retired "Manhattan" DSP for the back paper layer, then a piece of Whisper White stamped in Old Olive with the Oh, Hello sentiment ($22.95 clear), splotched some Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive and Crumb Cake blobs using the Gorgeous Grunge set and attached it all using the Season of Style Washi Tape.  So quick and easy!!  I love this card layout - it's my "go-to" card for quick and easy!

I also wanted to share the Christmas cards that Rebecca made for all of us.  She made green for the boys and red for the girls:

Aren't they great?!  Last summer I was at a garage sale and bought this retired set - I just KNEW it would be a great one for the kids to use!  I stamped the images in Staz-on and then she colored them.  The paper is from Michaels (NO I don't let them use my *good* paper!!!!).  The images are punched out with the 1 3/8" circle punch and the black ones with the 1 3/4" punch.  they turned out really great!  My little card-maker-in-training :)

That's it for today - pop in again tomorrow(ish) to check out my latest Valentine card!  Until then ... have a stampy day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment