Saturday, December 28, 2013

Christmas Ornaments

Happy Saturday!!

OK ... at long last ... and as promised AGES ago I thought I'd finally post pictures of some of my favorite Christmas ornaments that we have made over the years.  I THINK all of these have been posted at one time or another on my blog so if there are any that interest you that require explaination just do a search over on the left hand side to find the post you are looking for.  If that doesn't work leave me a comment and/or e-mail me and I will find it for you.  Some of these projects you have seen recently (like the angels) but some are from a few years back so if you are new(ish) to my blog they may be new for you. 

My PLAN is to do another post very soon with those also-long-promised pics of Trixie, our Elf on the Shelf.  We'll see how my day goes ;)

Enjoy!

My newest favorite - the Angels ...
These candy canes were made ... last year? ... for the teachers.  The little tag reads ...
Look at the candy Cane
What do you see?
Stripes that are red
Like the blood shed for me
White is for my Saviour
Who's sinless and pure
"J" is for Jesus
My Lord that's for sure!
Turn it around and a staff you will see
Jesus my shepherd
Was born for me!
This years' Festive Flurry Kit ornaments ...
My contest winning glitter balls ...
Glitter Rudolph :)
Snowman Snowglobe ..
M&M ornaments (yes - quite heavy ... a few have fallen from the weight and broke :(

My oragami ornaments ... beautiful but a MAJOR pain in the tookas to make!!
Last years' ornment kit ornaments ...
Rudolph made with a battery tea light so his nose glows :)
Close up of the glitter ornament ...
Glitter santa belly ornaments ... flat version
Santa belly - round ball version
Glitter snowflake made out of chipboard ... pain in the tookas!
Snowmen ornaments (so stinkin' cute!)
This year Alicia made a melted snowman ornament for grandpa *lol* ... made with Kosher salt, 5 peppercorns and an orange pom pom cut into a triangle - LOVE it!!

 This goes back about 4 or 5 years ... a paper wreath made by hand cutting leaves, folding them then running them through the crimper and gluing them to a paper circle base.  I actually had a kid's class to make these (awww .... and there is the Santa Belly ornament under it *lol*)
 This year's Cork Critters :)  (My mom LOVED them!!)
 ... and this year Rebecca made golf ball puppies for her grandpas ... thanks for the idea Sheila ... they LOVED them!!  Made by hot gluing 7 golf balls together .. then we painted them ... then Rebecca decided on colored stones for ears (felt or fun foam were the other options ... she picked the stones!) - she then wanted a piece of ribbon around the neck for a collar and a small pom pom for the dog tag.  SHE came up with the design of the snouts - a small pompom and then a teeny tiny pom pom for the nose and one for a tongue.  Googlie eyes were hot glued on ... oh and the tails ... we used golf tees.  *lol*  So cute!!
 
So there you have it ... a little after-the-fact but now you have some inspiration for NEXT Christmas!
 
Pop in again soon to see if I ever get up to posting about Trixie.  Until then ... have a stampy day!
 
 
Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment