Sunday, November 10, 2013

Serene Silhouettes Birthday

Happy Sunday!

Brrrr ... a nippy one here in Edmonton today.  A high of -17 degrees.  That calls for a pajama day in my books!!  ... and a really good excuse to work on my new knitting project - an infinity scarf!  I really SHOULDN'T have taken on something new - you know me - when I get a new project I'm like a dog with a new bone and everything else seems to fall to the wayside until it's done ... but I have been ITCHING to make one of these scarves!  Now that I think about it it has been about 6 years since I picked up the old knitting needles and now that I have I remember how much I love knitting!! ... Hmmm ... I wonder if I can incorporate knitting into card making ... ooooo *insert shudder here* ... no ... I don't think would really work out too well ... better keep them seperate!

OK!  On to today's card!  This is a pretty little card that I had planned to use for my Stamp-a-Stack ... but I wasn't in the *mood* for the layout.  I'm so into the crisp and clean look this month that it was too noisy for me.  I like it ... but didn't want to mass produce it.  Here it is:
I used Very Vanilla and Early Espresso inks and cs.  I stamped the En Francais stamp (page 100 - $16.95 clear; $21.95 wood) with Crumb Ink then the birds from Serene Silhouettes (page 64 - $21.95 clear; $30.95 wood) in Early Espresso.  I tied some Very Vanilla seam binding around it in a bow (page 173 $9.50).  I stamped the sentiment from the Hostess Set Express Yourself, punched it out with the Extra Large Oval Punch (page 182 - $22.95) and popped it up on dimensionals.  I added 5 pearls to the sentiment and, although you can't really see them, 3 pearls to the tree.  That's it!  Quick and Easy!
 
Right!  Off to get those knitting needles and knit the afternoon away!  Pop in again soon to see what else I'm up to this weekend.  Until then -have a stampy Sunday!
 
 
Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment