Friday, November 1, 2013

Birthday Candle Four You

Happy Friday!

What a difference a day makes!  Yesterday I was like a bear with a sore head.  Today I'm like a kitten with a new ball of yarn.  Ahhhh ... Halloween is over for another year - woo hoo! *lol*  Although I STILL had a lousy night sleep I don't have the same time pressure that I had a few days ago.  I bought some time by inviting mom and dad over for dinner Sunday so that gave me today with *nothing to do* ... well, nothing I HAD to do today, anyway ... so naturally rather than designing for Sunday's SAS I went to Costco :)  I couldn't help it ... I needed eggs!  But that's ok ... yesterday in my sleepy state I DID head down to the craft room before all the little ghosts and goblins came out and made 3 cards that I LOVE for Sunday.  3 down ... 2 to go ... and I have a few ideas for those so I'm not stressed at all.  So!  Wanna see card #1?  OK :)  Here it is:
Yay!  Kind of a lousy picture ... the lighting and angle is off ... but it IS a standard sized card ... and it's Whisper White.  I used my DSP from the Gingham Garden pack (page 153 - $13.50) ... yes, I finally CUT it!  The candle is 1/2" x 2 1/2" on a whisper white piece measuring 2" x 4".  The flame is made with Daffodil Delight using the Bird Builder Punch (page 183 - $22.95).  I used Old Olive for a mat measuring 2 1/4" x 4 1/4".  I then used another strip from Gingham Garden measuring 1" x 4 3/4".  The sentiment is from the Four You stamp set - page 22 -  $14.95 clear; $17.95 wood), stamped with Black Staz-on on a whisper white piece measuring 3 1/4" x 1 1/4".  The Daffodil Delight mat is 3 1/2" x 1 1/2" and is popped up on dimensionals.  A rhinestone adds a little bling and DONE!  I love the clean, crisp look of this one.  Definitely a "keeper" layout!!!

That's it for today.  Pop back soon to see my next quick, easy, clean birthday card.  Until then - have a stampy night!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment