Thursday, October 24, 2013

Anniversary Flip Card

Happy Thursday!

I caught my breath a little yesterday and am feeling a lot less stressed :)  In my procrastination to do my excercise workout I got a LOT of those piddly little things done that seem to weigh me down.  You know the things I'm talkin' about ... book the cat for his shots, book a dentist appointment, book a haii appointment, schedule your 10-year-olds immunizations ... I can actually see the front of my fridge now that all those loose pieces of paper have been dealt with!  ... and yes, I got that workout in ... and managed to pull as muscled in my butt insodoing!  After all that I FINALLY got down to my *happy place* to finish off my parents' 50th Anniversary card.  Yes ... their anniversary was last Saturday.  What's your point??  Her it is:

 

It took me QUITE a while to put this one together.  I spent a few hours fiddling with a few different ideas before deciding on doing a flip card.  I really like how it turned out.  There are a lot of different elements to it, so bare with me!

First off, the base card stock is the Naturals Ivory - page 156 of the catalogue for $9.25.  Have you ever noticed these card stocks on this page?  I overlook them ALL the time but they really are beautiful and are something you should keep in your stash of papers for just such *special* cards.  I also used the Brushed Gold from this page - $9.95 - another stash-worthy paper!  I also used Early Espresso Card stock and a Tea Lace Paper Doily (also page 156 - $3.95)  The ribbon is our beautiful 5/8" Victoria Crochet Trim (page 173 - $9.50).  I used my Beautiful Wings Embosslits (page 188 - $14.95) for the little butterflies (punched out of the brushed gold card stock) and my Tyoeset Alphabet Bigz die for the *50*, also in the brushed gold (page 192 - $110.95)  Oh - the 1 3/4" Circle Punch is what I used to punch out the Early Espresso Circle.

For the sentiments "Wonderful" and "Forever & Always" I used the stamp set "Loving Thoughts".  I inked just one word at a time in the Gold Encore Ink (from the mini - page 28 - $12.95).  For the *&* I used a different set ... "Onr in a Million"(page 58 - $22.95 clear) ... it's from the sentiment that says "above & beyond".

Now!   For some of the details.  Here is a trick I used in order to get the circle cut out on the gold brushed card stock so that it matches the circle cut out on the base.

First I ran my brushed card stock through the Pretty Print embossing folder (page 24 of the mini - $9.95)  It looks amazing in person!
 I then taped it to my 6" x 5 1/2" piece of Naturals Ivory card stock.  Now!  In order to get the circle flippy part the orientation that I wanted I needed to put down my magnetic platform, then my clear cutting pad then I had to place the circle framelit cutty thingy UNDER the card stock (raised edge facing up) ... then the card stocks ... then my top cutting pad ... and run it through the Big Shot.  It was a bit of a tight squeeze due to the extra layer of card stock but it went through and cut everything just fine ...
 Once it was through, I used my scissors to finish cutting the un-cut part of the circle (the whole circle doesn't get cut ... part of it is just embossed ...):
 My piece was too long so I cut it at 2 1/2" to fit the base:
 Ta da!
I didn't take pics of the next step ... the doily.  See how it looks:
It's embossed too.  I ran it through the same Pretty Prints embossing folder.  Being so thin parts of it WERE cut all the way through so I would recommend running a through doilies through at once to avoid that.  I didn't ... but the cuts really just added to the vintage look of it so I left it.  I used my sponge with a little Early Espresso ink to rub over the embossed *words* to make them stand out a little more ... and to add a little age to the white doily.

Next I had to die my ribbon.  It was too creamy ... so I used my Early Espresso ink and my finger dauber to ink it up.

The *love* came from the Expressions thinlits (page 36 of the mini - $30.95) and was attached with my 2-way glue pen.  The butterflies were added with mini glue dots.  I think that's it!  This is one of the only cards I have ever made that I only made one of ... too time consuming and time is not something I have a lot of these days ... so I won't have my own copy of this card for my records.  Pictures will have to do!

Now ... if I can just remember to GIVE the card to them sometime in the next 2 weeks *lol*

Pop in again soon - I have an AWESOME idea for another quick and easy Halloween treat for the girls' friends ... and the teachers at the school.  I can't wait to pop down and make it happen ... right after I work out ... and walk the dog ... and it's a half day of school so I better crack on!

Don't forget to check here to check out the Thursday ONLY deals - some great framelits are on sale today only!  E-mail me or click here to place your on-line order!!

Until next time - have a stampy day!!


Tam

1 comment: