Monday, September 9, 2013

Witches Shoe Tutorial

Happy Monday!

OK!  Today is the day!!  Rather than doing my prep for this week I spent some time working on a tutorial to make the CUTEST STINKIN' Halloween Favour EVER!!!  Check this out!!!
 
    
Awesome, yes???  I love, love, LOVE these!!!  I'm sure once you make one you'll love it to!

I have a LOT of pictures to help you along but before I show those I'll list all the steps in one shot ... and then repeat them with the photos.

My first attempt at this project took me about 45 minutes ... but I was flying blind, just figuring it out as I went along.  I was very close to the "life is too short to make more than one of these no matter how cute it is" stage ... but I thought I would make a second one, tweaking what I had done and learning from my mistakes the first time around.  The second shoe inly took me about 15 minutes from start to finish.  THAT helped keep it in the "yes, I have to mass produce these" category!!

I found this project on www.skiptomylou.org (Cindy is her name) and on that site she gave credit for the shoe templates for this project to Ellen Hutson's - her website is www.ellenhutson.com   I give full credit for this project to Ellen and Cindy - thank you for sharing, ladies!!!

So first ... here are all the steps:
  • Download the shoes template here and the shoe lining template here
  • Cut out the templates
  • Trace the lining template onto your Halloween DSP (I used a black Sharpie)
  • Trace the shoe template onto black card stock (I used the White Chalk Marker)
  • Cut your template out
  • Score your templates.  For the shoe lining I CUT on the score lines rather than score on them.  I found that the lining never fit QUITE right so cutting the lining into 3 pieces removed a lot of time and a lot of frustration!
  • Fold all score lines.
  • If you are stamping anything on the shoe do it now.  I used White Craft Ink to stamp my sentiment from the retired "Humour in High Heels" set.  You could also use White Staz-on
  • Tape the centre piece of the lining to the black shoe piece
  • Apply adhesive to the back of the shoe and to the heel.  Tape together the back first, then the heel.  I used snail but to ensure it stays taped you may want to use a small strip of sticky strip.  The bottom of the heel is open so you are able to put your finger in the heel and firmly squeeze the pieces together to ensure a firm hold. 
  • Using 2-way glue or Multipurpose glue, apply glue to the back-of-the-shoe flaps and adhere to the shoe.
  • Using snail, adhere the other 2 lining pieces to the shoe.
  • Using snail (or glue, or sticky strip) to the toe flap and adhere together.
  • Use a strip of ribbon to make a bow.  I did the old-fashioned "make two bunny ears and criss-cross them together" technique)
  • Attach the bow with a glue dot.
  • Add treats and Wa-low!  The cutest favour ever.  EVER!!!
Now for the picture tutorial ...
Download the shoes template here and the shoe lining template here

Cut out the templates

Trace the lining template onto your Halloween DSP (I used a black Sharpie)
Trace the shoe template onto black card stock (I used the White Chalk Marker)
Cut your template out
Score (and fold) your templates. For the shoe lining after I scored it,  I CUT on the score lines. I found that the lining never fit QUITE right so cutting the lining into 3 pieces removed a lot of time and a lot of frustration!

If you are stamping anything on the shoe do it now. I used White Craft Ink to stamp my sentiment from the retired "Humour in High Heels" set. You could also use White Staz-on

Tape the centre piece of the lining to the black shoe piece
Apply adhesive to the back of the shoe and to the heel. Tape together the back first, then the heel. I used snail but to ensure it stays taped you may want to use a small strip of sticky strip. The bottom of the heel is open so you are able to put your finger in the heel and firmly squeeze the pieces together to ensure a firm hold.
Using 2-way glue or Multipurpose glue, apply glue to the back-of-the-shoe flaps and adhere to the shoe.
Using snail, adhere the other 2 lining pieces to the shoe.
Using snail (or glue, or sticky strip) to the toe flap and adhere together.
 Use a strip of ribbon to make a bow. I did the old-fashioned "make two bunny ears and criss-cross them together" technique *lol*
 
Attach the bow with a glue dot.

Add treats and Wa-low! The cutest favour ever. EVER!!!
So there you have it!! 

Here are the products I used for this project:

Basic Black Card Stock - item # 121045 - $8.50
Witches Brew Designer Series Paper - item # 132185 - $13.50
White Chalk Marker - item # 132133 - $4.50
White Craft Ink - item # 101731 - $9.25 or
White Staz-on Ink - item # 106960 - $15.95
Glue Dots - item # 103683 - $5.95
Snail - item #  104332 - $9.75 and/or
Sticky Strip - item # 104294 - $8.50 and/or
2-way Glue - item #  100425 - $5.95 and/or
Multipurpose Glue - item # 110755 - $5.95
** the ribbon I used is not Stampin' Up (I KNOW!! ... I hang my head in shame!  I didn't have the delicious Pumpkin Pie Chevron ribbon (I AM on a budget, you know!!) - the Chevron Ribbon is item # 130015 - $12.50
Stamp Set - retired (sorry!) - Humour in High Heels (how PERFECT is this saying???!!!)

 Click here to place an on-line order and have your items shipped directly to your door!

This project was SO fun to make!!  I'm glad I made them sooner rather than later .... now I can avoid a *little* of the Halloween chaos that always hits around October 29th!!  That's it for today - pop in again soon.  Until then - have a stampy day!!!


Tam

2 comments:

  1. This is so darn cute. Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maree. They are really sweet *in person*. I'm working on a Christmas Shoe tutorial that I hope to post this week. SO cute!!

      Delete