Monday, September 16, 2013

Sassy Birthday

Happy Monday ... again!

OK ... so apparently a "few hours" in my world equates to 11 hours in "real time"!  SHEESH!  I have been going full out for DAYS now.  Seriously!  I had this card done last Monday or Tuesday and have not had the half hour to spare in order to post it!!!  I actually only have 12 minutes now, as it is "Alicia / Mommy" night ... so I better crack on!!!

Here is a CUTE card I made for my Kit Klub for September:
CUTE!  It seriously took less time to make than this post is going to take!  I've been in a perky, polka-dot kind-a mood lately so this card totally fit the bill!

I used a Whisper White base and a whisper white layer of 5 1/4" x 4".  I simply punched out (4) 1 3/4" circles in Regal Colors ... Elegant Eggplant., Rose Red, Crushed Curry (there's that color again ... loving it!) and Island Indigo.  I then punched out the same 4 colors using the 1 3/8" circle punch.  I then taped the circles into position:
... and then flipped it over and trimmed the overhanging parts.  I popped the white layer up on dimensionals then added a 4" x 1 1/4" strip stamped in Black Staz-on with the sentiment from Sassy Salutations.  I made a dovetail on the strip.  Do you know the quickest way to make a fairly even dove tail?  You cut a slit in the middle of your strip ... then cut from the corner of the strip to the end of your cut mark.  Do the same from the other corner to the cut mark.  Does that make sense?  I'll post some pics one day ... but not today ... I'm down to only 5 minutes left *lol*.  I added some Regals Candy Dots to the card, popped the sentiment up on dimensionals and was done in no time.

I made an alternate version that looks virtually identical:
Can you spot the difference?  It's the candy dots.  I planned to use this card for my Stamp-a-Stack yesterday but that would require a LOT of candy dots ... so I improvided (always more than one way to skin a cat, right?!)  For this version I just punched circles out using my Owl Builder Punch ... the little circles that are used for his eyes were a pretty close size ... but still big enough to use with a mini glue dot because, let's face it ... life is just a little too short to try to get snail on something that small *lol*

OK ... I have 2 minutes left so I'm not going to list all the products, item numbers and costs today .... you're just gunna have to look 'em up yourself this time ;)  .... 1 minute to spare ... now ... what to DO ....

Pop in again tomorrow(ish) to see another version of my Stencil Stamping card I showed you a few days ago.  Until then - thanks for being patient with me in getting this post out ... and have stampy night!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment