Sunday, September 22, 2013

Christmas Star

Happy Sunday!!

Can you say aaaaaaaahhhhhh?  I can ... after a night withOUT children - woo hoo!  They both were off to sleepovers leaving Craig and I to have an evening ALONE!  What a treat to actually start a movie before 10:00 pm and be able to stay awake for the whole thing!!  Sadly Craig is still sick with a cold so it wasn't the romantic evening one dreams of sans children ... but it was nice to be able to just spend quality time together ... like the old days!

So today I'm sharing the secong Christmas card I made Friday.  Here she is:
 I bought the single "Christmas Star" stamp last week.  I wasn't sure I loved it ... and wasn't sure what I would do with it but I really like this simple layout.  It's actually slightly 3-D ... I stamped the star directly on the Very Vanilla card front (in Crumb Cake) and then I stamped it again on some scrap and cut it out (yes, by hand!)  I then scored all of the lines and folded accordingly which pops it up and makes it 3-D.  To attach the start I layered two dimensionals on top of each other ... and a little snail on the star tips to secure it a little more.  I'm not sure it's a great card to mail ... it will get a little squished ... plus the jumbo rhinestone in the middle really bumps up the cost of postage ... but it's a great one to hand deliver!  I used Cherry Cobbler card stock and inks and a bunch of basic rhinestones for some bling.  For the rhinestone in the centre I used the jumbo rhinestone and then colored it with a red Sharpie.  The red was REALLY red and I didn't have a "Cobbler" colored Sharpie ... so I grabbed my brown Sharpie and colored over the red and it made it a beautiful ruby / *almost cobbler* color.  The Peace on Earth sentiment is from a carried-over stamp set from last year - Greetings of the Season.  It's a great *keeper* set.

Here are the supplies I used:

Very Vanilla Card Stock - item # 101650 - $9.25
Cherry Cobbler Card Stock - item # 119685 - $8.50
Christmas Star single stamp - item # 134813 - $11.95 (you need clear block "F" for this stamp)
Clear Block "F" - item # 118483 - $22.95
Greetings of the Season set - item # 128033 - $14.95 clear; item # 128030 - $19.95
Cherry Cobbler Ink - item # 126966 - $7.25
Crumb Cake Ink - item # 126975 - $7.25
Large Rhinestones - item # 129324 - $6.50
Basic Rhinestones - item # 119246 - $6.50
Dimensionals - item # 104430 - $5.50

Click here to place an online order and have your items shipped directly to your door!

So that's it!  I need to go walk the Doodle Dog so until next time ... have a stampy day!!


Tam

2 comments: