Thursday, August 8, 2013

Gift Bow Bat

Happy Thursday ... again ...

OK - I'm back.  I DID make it downstairs to work on my project.  Meh.  Doesn't blow my hair back ... but the kids LOVED it ... they said ... and I quote ... "it's soooooooo cuuuuuuuute".  Ok!  Who am I to argue??  Here's what I made:
Hee hee ... ok - he IS kinda cute!  It's funny how I came up with this little guy.  I was checking out the Stampin' Up! Website and I saw a posting on "So Shelli" that I THOUGHT said "A Bunch of Bows - Bats".  I thought "How CLEVER!  Using the new Gift Bow Bigz Die (page 37 of the holiday mini - $40.95) to make bats!!!"  When I clicked on the link I realized the heading read "BATCH", not "BATS" ... nonetheless I thought ""How CLEVER! Using the new Gift Bow Bigz Die to make bats!!!" So that's what I did :)

I used the Gift Bow die to cut some black felt ... and then the Ovals die to cut the body.  The 1/2" circle punch with whisper white card stock and the eyes from the Owl Builder Punch for the black centres made the eyes.  I used my White Signo Pen to draw the mouth and fangs (which are a little spazzy, I must say *lol*)  I made some scallops for the wings, hot glued it all together and now have a felt bat.  What I'm going to DO with said bat is beyond me ... but I wanted to make a bat so I made a bat!  While I was down there, and feeling somewhat unfulfilled from my bat-experience ... I moved on to a FABULOUS Thanksgiving card!  LOVE it!  ... but you'll have to pop back tomorrow to see it ... gotta go play with Rebecca now :)  Until tomorrow ... have a stampy night :)


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment