Friday, August 16, 2013

Braided Paper Peek a Boo Card

Happy Friday!!

Today we are having a much needed *hom* day.  Well ... it's ME who needs it moreso than the girls!  All these outings have completely worn me out!  We were supposed to go to the zoo today but we woke up to a cloudy day with a forcast for rain so we are moving our day out to next Wednesday while I get caught up on laundry, bills and STAMPING!!  It had been at least a week since I was in my happy place so last night I declared "if I don't get to stamp tonight someone's gunna get hurt!" ... so down I went ... and this is what I came up with:

Cute, yes?  I wanted to make a card using the "Braided Paper" trick that I have been seeing a lot of lately so that is where I started.  I spent quite a lot of time fiddling with different things and settled on a Christmas card.  I also wanted to incorporate some older products that I just don't use enough ... so I grabbed my Peekaboo Frames Bigs L Die and made a frame out of Pool Party card stock.  I added some of the yummy new DSP from the Winter Frost Designer Series Paper Stack, the new Merry Little Christmas stamp (stamped in Basic Gray) and the new Silver 1/8" Ribbon.  The snowflake on the front of the peek a boo flap was made using the new Encore Silver Pad with the Festive Flurry stamp and framelit bundle.  A few rhinestones (large and regular) finished it off.  While I like the look of the card it's not one that I would mass produce or offer at a Stamp-a-stack - too many layers, too much cutting and too fiddly ... so I'm going to have another kick at it in a few minutes.  I'll be taking pictures as I go so I can offer a tutorial on how to do the braided paper edging.  Hopefully I'll have that posted tomorrow - so pop back to see what I come up with.  Here is the supply list at a glance:

Whisper White Card Stock - item # 100730 - $9.25
Pool Party Card Stock - item # 122924 - $8.50
Winter Frost DSP Stack - item # 132183 - $8.50
Peek a Boo Bigs Die - item # 124587 - $40.95
Encore Silver Ink Pad - item # - 132142 - $12.95
Basic Gray ink - item # - 126981 - $7.25
1/8" Silver Ribbon - item # 132137 - $6.95
Large Rhinestones - item # - 129324 - $6.50
Regular Rhinestones - item # - 119246 - $6.50
Festive Flurry Bundle (clear) - item # 133285 - $57.95; (Wood) - # 133284 - $67.95
Merry Little Christmas stamp (clear) - item # - 131829 $13.95; wood - item # 131826 - $16.95

To place an on-line order and have it shipped directly to your door, click here

Until tomorrow, have a stampy day :)


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment