Sunday, June 23, 2013

Timeless Talk

Happy Sunday!

Just a quick post today as I'm planning a big dinner for a belated-Father's Day meal for my Dad (and Mom) as Alicia and I were away last Sunday at Brownie Camp.

Last week I was playing with yet another new set I got (... and I wonder why my Visa is about to self destruct this month!!)  "Timeless Talk" - page 19; $20.95 clear; $27.95 wood.  I hemmed and hawwed over this set for the LONGEST time.  I loved the images ... but then I wasn't sure what I was going to DO with them ... but I was drawn to it over and over and I eventually decided that yes ... I had to have it!  Again, I seem to be low on images lately!  Here was my first kick at using it:
I love it!  ... almost ... it's lacking "something".  I put 99% of it together in about 5 minutes flat ... and then I spent the next 1 1/2 HOURS trying to find that "something" ... I never did find it ... although my friend Wanda suggested a darker background (maybe the Baked Brown Sugar or Crumb Cake) and the image layer edged in some way - corner rounded or scalloped edge ... something!  I plan to play around with it but figured I'd post what I had so far and play another day.  Oh!  Another option I thought of was to use the Natural Compostition Specialty DSP as a background.  That DSP has a sheet with embossed musical notes on it ... I figured it would be PERFECT ... but then I discovered that the pack I ordered last year didn't included that sheet!  There was an error in packaging and instead of getting the musical note sheets I got double of the flower sheets :(  Oh well ... I'll come up with something I'm sure!

So!  For this card I used Very Vanilla, Early Espresso and Crisp Cantaloupe papers.  The image is in Early Espresso and the sentiment and musical notes (from the wheel - page page 100 - $7.95) are in Baked Brown Sugar.  The button is one of the new Very Vintage Designer Buttons (page 169 - $7.95) that I colored with a gold Sharpie.  I was surprised how well it matched the Baked Brown Sugar color!  Alicia and I had tried making our OWN buttons with the new Buttons & Blossoms mold and clay (page 167)  We made Crisp Cantaloupe buttons.  Hers turned out much better than mine did!  We added a few drops of reinker to the clay and squished it around to make it the right color.  Then we pressed the clay into the molds.  The flower molds were a lot easier to use than the button molds ... Iforgot to take a picture of them ... The flowers didn't look quite right on this card and I kept mangling my buttons getting them out of the mold so I aborted and used the vintage one instead.  The molds and clay are FUN ... I just have to play around with them a little more to figure out the knack of it ... I know I was pressing the clay in too hard ... definately a knack to it.

So that's it for this week.  Pop in again soon.  I'm not sure when I'll have a project to share - I'm at the school all week helping out with the girls' field trips as their last week of *school* wraps up.  Until next time ... have a stampy day!!

Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment