Friday, June 21, 2013

Chalkboard Lots of Thanks

Happy Friday!!

Woo Hoo!  Once again the week has flown by ... and now there is only one week left of school.  EEK!  I have a love/hate relationship with summer break.  I pretty much hate it for the first week ... the kids bicker and fight the entire week while everyone gets used to being together pretty much 24/7.  I love the next 4 or 5 weeks as we all get into sleeping in and playing all day every day.  I hate the last week or 2 as everyone goes back to bickering and fighting.  On the upside ... no packed lunches for school ... on the downside ... packed lunches for parks and days out ... on the upside ... sleeping in ... on the downside ... the kids stay up late .. on the upside ... no schedule ... on the downside ... no schedule.  I really enjoyed this last week - lots of crafting, a little organizing and I even snuck in a day-out at Ikea with my mom ... and tonight I have a Private Class with many of my favorite peeps.  I can't wait!  You've already seen two of the cards we'll be making ... the Washi Tape card:
The Fishin' Around card:
Aaaaaaaaaaaannnnndddddd .... drumroll please .... my Chalkboard Thank You card:
Isn't it fun?  I tell ya ... this catalogue has me SO inspired!!!  Every set I pick up makes a quick and easy (yes great!) card!!!  Everything just "goes" together (or maybe I just have everything that possibly COULD ever go together!!)  Cards have just been SO easy to put together this week!  I came up with this idea before I even HAD the main stamp set "Lots of Thanks" - page 29 - $20.95 clear; $27.95 wood.  I spotted the main sentiment "I can't thank you enough" from the Chalk Talk set (page 12 - $22.95 clear; $31.95 wood) and figured it HAD to be stamped on black card stock in Whisper White Craft Ink ... since it IS a chalk-type image.  So that's what I did.  From there it just seemed obvious to have all kinds of "thank you"s stamped all over the rest of it ... so once I got my Lots of Thanks set I cracked it open and started having fun making a mess of the "chalkboard".  All of the stamps are from that one set (except the main image).  They are all stamped in craft ink ... see the bottom left hand corner?  There are some streaks on an angle ... that is from the "Gorgeous Grunge" stamp set - page 109 - $21.95 clear; $30.95 wood ... a MUST MUST MUST have set!!!

For the Main image I used black Staz-on stamped on Whisper White and punched it out using the Apothecary Accents framelits (page 187 - $31.95)  The little punch of red on the heart is one of the new CANDY DOTS!!!  Yep - SOOOOO gunna use these like crazy!!!  Check out page171 - $7.95 for 100 of the colored dots (in whichever color family you want) and $3.95 for the brad bases, if you want them - that's the great thing about these dots ... they have a glue dot on the back of them so you can either put them directly on a card (like the rhinestones or pearls) OR you can attach them to the brad base and turn them into a brad of ANY COLOR YOU WANT!!!  LOVE it!!!

This is a quick, easy and FUN card to make .. not to mention versatile!!  You could crack off 10 of them for teachers, coaches, assistants ... ANYONE you need to give a Thank You to next week!!  I have more cards to share, so pop back again tomorrow to see another quick and easy MASCULINE card (we ALL need those!!).  Until then ... have a stampy day!

Tam


No comments:

Post a Comment