Friday, May 3, 2013

Two by Two Baby Card

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

Woo Hoo!  It's Friday and I am just over-the-top-annoyingly-perky today!!  It's amazing what some nice weather, an early morning bike ride, a long walk with the dog and a free stamp set can do for a girl *lol*.  Yes, my exercise and healthy-living is in full swing and it's getting easier now that the weather has improved (and will KEEP improving!!  A high of 27 degrees Monday!!!)  "So!  How IS the health kick going, Tamara?"  I hear you cry!  Well!  Thank you for asking ... it's going just great!  Yes, I've only lost about 7 pounds but I feel great and know that I have gained muscle ... and things are shifting.  My bra is no longer cutting off circulation to my brain (and in fact is feeling a little too loose ... much to Craig's disappointment *lol*), I DO have more energy (whihc is good because 90% of the time I believe I was a sloth in a previous life!) and I can fit more comfotably into my favorite jeans.  I also feel about 20 pounds lighter by not being bogged down with guilt and negitive self talk about over eating!  I have stuck to the Weight Watchers plan for 30 days ... and I excercised for 30 days (with 1 day off for my colonoscopy ... although I WAS going to do my pilates but Craig slapped me in the head and sent me to bed *lol*) and I'm committed to another 30 days.  I feel really awesome because I am CHOOSING to do these things.  NO one is making me ... I just want to be a better me!!  ... and the girls are loving it too!  This morning we actually BIKED to school.  OK ... my back is in spasms and I won't be able to sit down until next Tuesday but they LOVED it ... and it is  total of 52 minutes of excercise (hello!  Extra WW points!!!) that I ENJOY!  13 minutes there, 13 minutes back - twice ... THAT should shed a few layers of cellulite, no?!

So!  If a slothy, slightly overweight 45 year old mother of 2 can do it so can you!  Just commit to something ... ANYthing for 30 days ... and then do it!  You don't have to commit to working out for an hour everyday ... just commit to something fun ... a walk twice around the block ... drinking more water ... eating 1 less cookie ... whatever is manageable - and then do it.  Last year my mom was trying to lose weight.  After 3 weeks she was discouraged.  I told her "Mom.  6 months from now it's going to be 6 months from now and you'll wish that you stuck with it 6 months ago".  The 6 months will pass whether you make changed or not ... wouldn't you like to feel better 6 months from now?  I do.

There.

That's my sermon for the day.

Now ... I only have 15 minutes before my aching butt has to jump back on that bike to get the girls so I better crack on!  At LONG last I have that baby card to show you.  I can take no credit what-so-ever ... except that I did actually MAKE the card.  It is cased from Kathy - I found her card on the "Stamping Still" blog here: http://stampingstill.blogspot.com.au/2012/10/two-by-two-chevrons.html

It is simply to fabulous not to save in your "fabulous cards to make" file.  Here is her version:

And here is mine:

Isn't it just the cutest darn thing you've ever SEEN???!!!  Ok ... no, it's not the FASTEST card to make (my original took about 3 hours) but it is SO worth it for that special Mom or Mom-to-be!  Can you see all the little details?  I have 10 minutes left so I'll throw out some deets:

Card Base - 5" x 5" - Chocolate Chip
Layer - 4 3/4" + 2 ticks - Marina Mist
Layer - 4 3/4" - Bashful Blue.  I used my Paper piercing tool and template to pierce holes and then my white gel pen todraw "faux stitching" from hole to hole
Layer - White Scallop Square using the Scalloped Square Big Shot Die
Layer - 4" x 4" Marina Mist
Layer - 4" LESS two ticks - Bashful Blue.  This layer was run through the Chevron Embossing folder and then I used my Craft White Ink pad and rubbed it over top the cs - this made the Chevrons "pop".  I then also paperpierced and faux stitched this layer.
Chocolate Chip Layer - made with the Window Frames Framelits (carried over from the holiday mini - see page 36 of the spring mini - $32.95)
The white Window Frame is one layer smaller and on that I stamped the Two By Two image.  This stamp is RETIRING at the end of the month so get it while you can!!
The banner is made with a 2 3/4" x 1/2" strip of ww card stock - stamped the sentiment from Two By Two on it and then made the dove tails.  I layere the ww woth a strip of 3 1/2" x 3/4" Marina Mist and dove tailed THAT.
The coloring took a long time.  I used my (now retired) watercolor pencils and my aqua painter to blend it a little.  Don't ask me which colors I used - I haven't a clue *lol*

I added various buttons from my stash and some Bakers Twine.  3 hours later Ta Da!  A fabulous baby card!!  Of course it was so nice I had to make 6 more ... and yes, that took me about 18 hours to do ... but it was worth it!!!

K.  Gotta go bike away!  Pop in again soon.  Until then ... have a stampy day!!!

Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment