Thursday, May 23, 2013

Mosaic Madness Take II

Happy Thursday!!!!

Well ... I'm TRYING to maintain my "Happy Thursday" mentality ... but it's hard to do when I want to rip my nose right off my face!!!  Seriously!  Yes, I was sick to death of the snow we had for literally 6 months ... but I would gladly have snow back in place of raging allergies!!!  My nose is SO tickly ... my right eye feels like it is swelling shut and if I sneeze one more time I swear I'll have to put the dog in therapy as I've scared the living daylights out of him about 85 times already today ... poor thing *lol*

On the bright side I got to hide in the basement for an hour and "play"!  Ooooo I had fun!  I officially have a new favorite stamp set .. the new Mosaic Madness ... it's due to release May 31st!!  This is going to be one HOT stamp set!  The mosaic pattern is everywhere in home decor these days ... and I can't get enough of it!  Here is what I made today:
YAY!!!!  Love it!!  This was one of the fastest cards I've ever made!  I didn't fuss, fiddle or re-design .. well, ok ... I first tried using whisper white craft ink ... then crumb cake ink ... THEN the espresso ink but that only took about 2 minutes to settle on ... other than that I simply stamped the two large mosaic designs with Early Espresso ink on Crumb Cake cs and punched them out with the Mosaic Punch (also due to be released March 31st) - I stamped the smaller mosaic images and the sentiment directly on Confetti White Card stock (with the corners rounded) and mounted it on a Crumb Cake base (also with the corners rounded).  The sentiment is from another great new stamp set ... Really Great Greatings (this stamp is my favorite!!)  I added a few pearls to the mosaics and DONE!  Love it Love it Love it. 

Pop in again soon to see what else I can come up with whilst hiding from Mother Nature!  Until then ... have a stampy day *achoo*!


Tam

5 comments:

  1. I sympathize with your allergies but your description cracked me up!! Mine always are the worst when all the trees start budding out and here in the Pacific Northwest that's about February. Oh, love your card too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *lol* thanks Ellen! Yes, I HATE the month of May .. We usually get the snow mole, the grass seed and the poplar tree fluff all in the same month. It's torture! I'm glad yours are over. Hopefully yesterday was the worst for me. Rain is forecasted for the next few days so hopefully that will help :)
      Thanks for the comment ... This set is a MUST from the new catty!
      Have a stampy weekend :)

      Delete
    2. Snow *mold* ... Snow *mole* would just be silly ! *lol*

      Delete
  2. I LOVE it too! Simply fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Deena! This set is going to get a LOT of mileage!

    ReplyDelete